Lovely BMW drivers

DIESELDOG
DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
edited June 2014 in The cake stop
http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=9AaS_TNU_pU&u=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCUJa_caDb3w%26feature%3Dshare

Hardly cycling related but what if it was a cyclist?

Please share so we can nail this idiot who nearly took Si's life yesterday.

Love n hugs

DD
Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    His optional side mirrors have clearly not been activated.

For those not watched it yet, there is no point in doing so past the first minute.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    PBlakeney wrote:

For those not watched it yet, there is no point in doing so past the first minute.
    Wish I had read your post first as I saw a lot of country road and not much action.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    nathancom wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

Wish I had read your post first as I saw a lot of country road and not much action.

I thankfully did

Re: driver - what a throbber
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Only just managed to log on to see if there were any replies. All I Can Say is open your eyes and imagine if that were you on a road bike going FASTER than the motorbike was, cos I know for damn sure most of you either do or try to.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • pblakeney
    I am sorry. Was my reply not appropriate to your wishes?

Get the pitchforks!
    Hang him!
    Burn him!

Better?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • robklancs
    robklancs Posts: 498
    I hope si is ok and not traumatised by this event.

From the video si was maybe going an acceptable 25-30 mph? The car starts to pull out before the biker starts to go past the house(50m) slowly, though no indication so is clearly at fault. Driver reacts,to the horn and stops, leaving room and space for the biker to brake (though obviously he shouldn't have had to in the first place). The driver then is on the wrong side of the road and is nowhere near side swiping the bike.

Although it's not nice to feel your life is at risk through somebody else's fault, which the biker does, I would be happy if this was the worst that happens to me on my commute.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    PBlakeney wrote:

Get the pitchforks!
    Hang him!
    Burn him!

Better?

No need for this sarcasm, you and I are going to have words shortly, if you can't comment politely then don't reply at all! :roll:

Sorry DD, as an ex bike myself I know how it can put the spooks up you when someone pulls out!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    robklancs wrote:
    Although it's not nice to feel your life is at risk through somebody else's fault, which the biker does, I would be happy if this was the worst that happens to me on my commute.

I wouldn't disagree that this was a relatively minor incident although I'm sure it was disconcerting for the biker but I think the point being made is that on a road bike the outcome could have been far more serious as you are probably even less visible than a motorbike, you don't have a horn to blast the car and you don't have disc brakes to stop you so promptly.

No need to belittle it or the OP for posting it.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • robklancs
    I just think it's an over reaction, "share so we can nail this guy who nearly took si's life".

Nail him? What for?

Nearly took si's life? Where? Didn't touch him, not even close. In fact, si rides off pretty quickly. Driver stops when he realises a biker is there, which is obviously too late.

It would have been worse on a road bike if contact had been made, though a cyclist probably would have not been goin so fast and would have been further to the left which means he may have seen the car sooner and been further out of the way of the cars traveling direction.
  • pblakeney
    Velonutter wrote:
    No need for this sarcasm, you and I are going to have words shortly, if you can't comment politely then don't reply at all! :roll:
    My initial response was polite and to the point.
    The OP then gave a patronising retort.
    I responded by being sarcastic. The sarcasm was probably not required but quite frankly the incident in the video happens at such a regular frequency as to render it not worthy of comment.
    Stumpf.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Not good.
    BMW drivers originate from the same genus as that of the Audi and Range Rover conductor of vehicles.
    Sine Testicus et Totum Twaticus
  • "Nearly took his life"? Only the biker's going appreciably over what looks like a 30mph limit. A bit of an over-reaction I think. Granted driver pulls out without indicating (and presumably looking). However, bike stops in time.

Nothing I haven't seen/experienced many times on a road bike.

Wish I hadn't bothered watching now.

I'll wish I hadn't bothered posting soon, no doubt. :wink:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    PBlakeney wrote:

Get the pitchforks!
    Hang him!
    Burn him!

Better?

Coming on here with your own opinions, whatever next, this is a forum after all, please try to conform to the accepted level of banality and avoid using humour it will only be misunderstood.

This is not sarcasm or criticism and does not represent the views of the management.

Back OT I think the title of this thread is a little sarcastic and should be changed. :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • What you moaning about? Seen the latest about the Audi driver that drove at a cyclist, missed! and demolished a hair salon, puts this 'incident' in perspective. Re: this one, 'twas a little exaggerated, think sarcasm was appropriate! Average driving I encounter most days, actually quite good for BMW drivers.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Velonutter wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

Get the pitchforks!
    Hang him!
    Burn him!

Better?

Hang on, leaving aside the topic this is ridiculously heavy-handed modding.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Velonutter wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

Get the pitchforks!
    Hang him!
    Burn him!

Better?

Sorry DD, as an ex bike myself I know how it can put the spooks up you when someone pulls out!

I wanted to reply to the post, but I daredn't now :o ...

OTT modding to an OTT reaction to the BMW driver, he braked and left room for bike, when he realised there was a bike coming (pulling out slowly from a blind position) a genuine motoring incident, it happens. A non event I'm afraid.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • steerpike
    steerpike Posts: 424
    total non-event and a hysterical over reaction to an everyday occurrence.
  • robklancs
    Probable over reaction by the mod as he is an ex biker himself so may see it from the bikers perspective.

But be careful, if you have an opinion that differs from a mods you have to sit outside his office and wait to have words with him.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Complete over-reaction and a waste of a minute......
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    If someone making a simple mistake and pulling out is such a huge offence I have been guilty myself plenty of times.

People with helmet cams seem to always be looking for the smallest things to make them a dangerous situation.
This discussion has been closed.