eBay mis hap... Fake Jagwire..

lbalony
lbalony Posts: 301
edited June 2014 in MTB general
Bought a cheap cable set from eBay. Promised 1st class delivery from uk. Then a China account messaged me apologising for the 6 day delay. It arrived, opened it and guess what, its fake. Didn't realise they faked this kind of stuff really, probably a bit naive of me. I bought some red ones last year and they was genuine. Ive used Jagwire for years so know what to expect quality wise. This looks like a pound shop special. In a Chinese writing bag poorly cut with generic end caps and ferrules. And such a poor branding on its outer. If somethings to good to be true.....

Any one else been caught out with fake biking components on eBay?

Comments

• bikes`n`guns
    bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
    Open a dispute and get paypal to refund the payment
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    This and leave nasty feedback.
    I filter everything for UK only, and have had a couple of things sent from China - pisses me off big time.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • lbalony
    lbalony Posts: 301
    Ive opened a dispute I'm sure i'll get my few quid back. Bit embarrassed about being stung, took my eye of the ball! Usually dead carefull too. Heard of fake easton carbon stuff so always avoid that but not frigging cables!!
  • Rad2474
    Rad2474 Posts: 162
    If it can be sold the chinese will fake it. Can't remember the the last time i bought something from ebay, at least from outside the uk.
  • Festerfeet
    Festerfeet Posts: 90
    I have sent back more stuff than I have kept because counterfeits over here in China. I have even sent three sets of pikes back which were fake.
    Whenever anything turns up now it goes straight on the scales as that is the first giveaway.

At least I have now located the regional distributor for SRAM and he speaks better English than I do Chinese so maybe I will get my forks in the end.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    cooldad wrote:
    This and leave nasty feedback.
    I filter everything for UK only, and have had a couple of things sent from China - pisses me off big time.
    Yep, always filter stuff for UK only. There's so much chinese crap on the 'bay.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5