Dedacciai Gladiatore with Campagnolo

over15degrees
over15degrees Posts: 46
edited June 2014 in Your road bikes
Recently wanted to upgrade my bike as im really getting into it, (Had a boardman road sport, that did me well) so after cancelling a Canyon AL Ultimate SLX that i had on order, i changed to this Dedacciai frameset, loving it at the moment! its got the Campagnolo Centaur groupset on there, with the chorus chainset. The Zonda wheels are from a previous bike, but got some Yoeleo 50mm carbon clinchers on the way.

Any additions you think i should have, feel free to share!

jv2l.jpg

vbou.jpg

lcbv.jpg

Details:
Frame: Dedacciai Gladiatore
Groupset: Campagnolo Centuar partition with Chorus chainset
Wheels: Campagnolo Zonda
Saddle: Fizik Ardea
Seatpost: Deda Drittissimo
Pedals: Look Keo max 2
Stem: Deda elementi Zero 1
Bars: 3T pro Ergosum

Cheers guys!

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Looks good but you need to cut the hedge and the lawn :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Nice. You need some lawn treatments for you daisies and buttercups :wink:
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • Looks gorgeous. You could trim some of the excess cable and housing though.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Do you know that you have two weights attached to your pedal?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Do you know that you have two weights attached to your pedal?

Thats how i train ;)
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Cool bike man!

I love black carbon bikes, they look pretty sweet. All in all how much did it cost?
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    Lovely, it'd look better with Vittorias/ other Italian tyres :)
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Nice but you need to sort that gap in your fence.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Very nice. I'd have that over a Crayon 8 days a week. :D

Me too, a Crayon would be very hard to ride. :lol:
  • fkqm14.jpg

Couple of changes:

- My 50mm carbon clinchers from Yoeleo came today.
    - Cleaned up my cables.
    - Cut the lawn. :lol:

Overall the bike is probably worth around £2000, however it cost me around £1200 - £1400 to build. The frameset was supposed to be £860 but i got 25% off which took it down to £644, groupset was around £500, finishing kit was around £150 and the wheels where £375 inc shipping. Pretty happy with it, just need to track down some campagnolo brake pads for carbon rims (if anyone has any in the lincolnshire area please give me a shout ;) )
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Superb!...but those paving slabs with the two rocks on are a terrible feature
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • buzzwold
    buzzwold Posts: 197
    fkqm14.jpg

Couple of changes:

- Cleaned up my cables.

Overall the bike is probably worth around £2000, however it cost me around £1200 - £1400 to build. The frameset was supposed to be £860 but i got 25% off which took it down to £644, groupset was around £500, finishing kit was around £150 and the wheels where £375 inc shipping. Pretty happy with it, just need to track down some campagnolo brake pads for carbon rims (if anyone has any in the lincolnshire area please give me a shout ;) )

Looked at this for myself and now that you've mentioned the discount on the frameset, v interested. How did you obtain said discount? By the way, how does it ride?
    Someone's just passed me again
  • buzzwold wrote:
    fkqm14.jpg

Couple of changes:

- Cleaned up my cables.

Looked at this for myself and now that you've mentioned the discount on the frameset, v interested. How did you obtain said discount? By the way, how does it ride?

I work at halfords so i have a 25% discount card, and that frame is one we can order in so i got the discount. Rides really nice. You can deffinetly tell its pretty stiff when sprinting, very comfortable ride, its also got a BSA bottom bracket so its pretty much compatible with anything :)
  • buzzwold
    buzzwold Posts: 197
    buzzwold wrote:
    fkqm14.jpg

Couple of changes:

- Cleaned up my cables.

I work at halfords so i have a 25% discount card, and that frame is one we can order in so i got the discount. Rides really nice. You can deffinetly tell its pretty stiff when sprinting, very comfortable ride, its also got a BSA bottom bracket so its pretty much compatible with anything :)

Can't afford to change job, so if I want one looks like I'll have to pay full wack for the frame.
    Someone's just passed me again