soggy saturday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited June 2014 in The bottom bracket
went out just before 6 to cram in a few hard laps before the rain, so of course it started spitting within minutes

luckily finished and home before the first heavy rain which just fell

a day of laziness stretches before me

zzzz
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    some study & then off with rug rat one to get his first road bike. Therefore a quick ride with him is in order - I think I will use the Stevo :)

Later is qualifying & pub
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Lazy breakfast of French toast, bacon and too much maple syrup (if you ask the doctor that is), watched the rugby now time for a climb then off to size up the S works Tarmac and see if it justifies the extra cash from a Dolan Ares.

Staying off the wheels this morning, gambling on tomorrow morning
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Watching rugby too... Was looking good but seems to be going pear shaped now. Rubbish weather seems to have moved beyond Cornwall so planning to go out at lunchtime ... 38 to do to get 200 miles for the week
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    The sogginess appears to have passed here now but we have a busy day of littlies parties so no riding for me :roll:

Tonight will involve curry and a film I think 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    Lazy morning watching the rugby and drinking coffee. Great effort by England I thought.

Looks like it might be drying up, so off for a nice 100 k ride this afternoon :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Afternoon Tards,

Lots of jobs done already and coffee supped. Dropping Stropchild off for a friends 13th birthday party - the parents are taking them for lunch at the Oxo Tower - barstewards could have invited me...

Later will be a BBQ round at a mates house so hope it stops raining this evening.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Dropping Stropchild off for a friends 13th birthday party - the parents are taking them for lunch at the Oxo Tower

Feck me, when did parties go so upmarket, what happened to pass the parcel :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Dropping Stropchild off for a friends 13th birthday party - the parents are taking them for lunch at the Oxo Tower

Feck me, when did parties go so upmarket, what happened to pass the parcel :lol:
    That's going a bit far, even for round here.
    Off to do some shopping, might slip away and investigate a Cotic 29er. :-)
    Long ride tomorrow so will check the green thing over later.
    Have fun.
  • Stevo_666
    I know, bl00dy daft if you ask me - waste of money and it's not like they're loaded or anything. But we're not paying so WTF. Stropchild isn't getting anything like that for her 13th !

Anyway, I get a bit peace for now so win win situation really :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    can we drop the whole oxo tower now, I'm struggling not to make obvious jokes - its killing me
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    can we drop the whole oxo tower now, I'm struggling not to make obvious jokes - its killing me

Stevo's daughters being taken up the oxo tower :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

as per your signature.................... King of Smut
  • matthew h wrote:

Was it you who was off to centre parcs with the missus and all? Might be confusing you with somebody else who said they were. Coincidence that crops up along with the Oxo Tower within days :wink:
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:

Was it you who was off to centre parcs with the missus and all? Might be confusing you with somebody else who said they were. Coincidence that crops up along with the Oxo Tower within days :wink:

Not me - sat upstairs in the office supposedly studying, but bored out of my mind
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

I only said what everyone else was thinking :wink:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

perhaps bar Stevo
  • matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Not me - sat upstairs in the office supposedly studying, but bored out of my mind

My sincere apologies - it was Homers Double in the pub Friday thread. Still strange both topics relating to a certain subject cropping up within a day of each other. Lets's hope his over priced investment has paid dividends!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

perhaps bar Stevo
    I tried not to think it, honestly I tried.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

perhaps bar Stevo
    I tried not to think it, honestly I tried.

but failed :)
  • Stevo_666
    I thought I'd just mention it in a matter of fact way and see which of the forum's Rolf Harris impersonators would get that little jape in :) . My prediction was right as well :wink:
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I thought I'd just mention it in a matter of fact way and see which of the forum's Rolf Harris impersonators would get that little jape in :) . My prediction was right as well :wink:

Glad I didn't disappoint :mrgreen:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Well I did have a 50/50 chance of guessing it right :P
  • Mikey23
    Pass the parcel? You were lucky. We had to pass the paper
  • Mikey23
    So nice ride with mates, no rain but windy as criddle. Bath and coffee with radio on sound link mini. So if I snap my fingers will tea appear and the lawns get cut?
  • Stevo_666
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Pass the parcel? You were lucky. We had to pass the paper
    Cue the 'senior' forum members engaging in a round of 'Aye, we 'ad it 'ard in our day' one-upmanship...
  • Mikey23
    Brilliant...

The lawns are now mown but but I'm thinking of turning the garden into a haven for wildlife. Or does that make me a lazy get?
  • arran77
    Get some sheep Mikey, they can graze the garden for you and when winter comes and the garden is no longer growing you can put them in the pot :wink:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Arrans got a split personality?
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Arrans got a split personality?

Well it was either you or V68 who was in the frame with me :lol:

seanoconn
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Bit late but then I generally come last :wink:

Loads of ale last night so late night and very early awakening FFS. Early thunder and rain allowed me to sort out the workshop listening to Huey on 6Music. Took malfunctioning amplifier apart, ignoring stickers saying I might burn in hell for doing so.

Rode around a few local boozers. First stop was an unlikely stop for BSA bikes and TVR cars, for those of you who get priapic over things with an engine :roll: (Nice bikes though - I am a sucker for a motorcycle combination)

Now home for veg biriani. And beer.

More riding tomorrow on the sunny South Coast. Have a good 'un.
    Ecrasez l’infame