What should my action be?

pmorgan1
pmorgan1 Posts: 173
edited June 2014 in Commuting general
A motorist went on ranting and being aggressive to me and a random bystander even after I told him my helmet cam is recording.

We both stopped after he tried squeezing in between me and a parked car that I was overtaking. The usual motivation that I should not be in the road.

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Uploading the video so we call all see.
  • pmorgan1
    pmorgan1 Posts: 173
    Would the police be taking any action?
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    upload the video, its very hard to say otherwise.

if it is just someone having a rant i dont think they'll do anything though
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    pmorgan1 wrote:
    Unlikely.
    What should my action be?
    D-lock the cnut? ;)
  • The way I visualise this it is a narrow road with a car parked on your side. The car coming the other way has right of way and unless you could have passed the parked car safely before the other car got to it you should have waited. Sorry.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    pmorgan1 wrote:

For a near miss...?

Probably not, unless it's a near-death experience like that recent helmet cam footage of the bloke being overtaken by the caravan delivery lorry. :shock:

And for someone being aggressive...?

Probably not, accept there are assholes out there who are just angry people. If you are unwilling to take the D-Lock option, roll your eyes at them and move on.

One day an angry person will meet another angry person and we read about the outcome in the news. 8) Just leave them to get on with it.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You have the video - let's see?
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Live your life and laugh at the video of the idiot ranting.

Pop some appropriate music in the background to show you're taking the pi$$ out of him and upload to YouTube. Then post links to it on this forum and any other cycling.forum you know about. Try and get people to view it. With luck is viral and his mates see it. The derision of one's mates is a fitting end to it.
    Or just live your life and not waste any more time on him.
  • Colinthecop
    Benny Hill music would be my vote...
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    If you're inventive you could mix it so it sounds like he's saying something different, like making an embarrassing admission or something. I'm thinking along the lines of those good internet mashups.

Benny Hill music sounds good or clown music. Perhaps the Muppets.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Benny Hill music would be my vote...

http://bennyhillifier.com/ :lol:
  • anthigh
    anthigh Posts: 10
    Check this out for a near miss on a recent sportive I took part in, unbelievable.http://youtu.be/hE4puFkSHY8
  • Colinthecop
    I guess it would be wrong to blame the cyclists for bunching up and not leaving room for the cars to pull in...?

:?
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I was waiting for the near miss ....
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So the cyclists spread themselves out over 100m of road with no gaps and then wonder why a car struggles to overtake.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    anthigh wrote:
    Check this out for a near miss on a recent sportive I took part in, unbelievable.http://youtu.be/hE4puFkSHY8

5 minute video, where's the incident?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Between nodding off and falling asleep......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    All I see is cyclists behaving badly - 3 and 4 abreast. Poor.