cheap clean prouducts

scarthie99
scarthie99 Posts: 209
edited June 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
any info on cheap clean products + chain cleaner products. for my bike+i can use on my motor bike to clean it Different Types clean products then muc off but cheaper any info please :shock:

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    On the chain I use white spirit once in a while off the bike, for everything else I use elbow grease and a spray of WD40 again if it's off the bike.
  • Manny514
    Manny514 Posts: 38
    I use a product called Fuchsoff, similar to Muck off but alot cheaper. The last lot I bought from Busters, an internet motorcycle accessories supplier, 2 x 5lt for about 20 quid it works well.
    456 Carbon
    Ellsworth Ephiphany
  • EckSee
    EckSee Posts: 8
    Have a look out for a product called Stardrops APC. It's a household all purpose cleaner but can be diluted to different strengths for various jobs. Usually on offer in Asda for £1 a bottle.

I came across it through a car detailing forum and use it for all sorts now, I cleaned and degreased and engine at the weekend and last night used it in teh Xav to clean some carpets. Have used it on the bike, stronger solution for the greasy parts and weaker for the frame.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    I'll use Weldtite Citrus Degreaser for the couple of times a year I wanna really go deep on the chain and get the cassette back to it's former, shiny glory...mainly cos it smells great and is biodegradable. Dunno if £10 for a litre is cheap though, not really I guess but a bottle will last me ages
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • bailsofhay
    bailsofhay Posts: 191
    I use Fairy platinum diluted in water and put in a old muc off bottle for easy application works just as well and a million times cheaper.