Irresponsible VAX pressure washer ad

Prowlus
Prowlus Posts: 539
edited June 2014 in MTB general
Has anyone seen this ad with this powerful pressure washer yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrApWFUUnWM

I think they'll be alot of complaints from cyclists once they damage their £700 upwards pride and joys doing that :twisted:

Comments

• felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    looked like he had it on a nice low setting for the bike...nowt wrong with that
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Prowlus wrote:

I think they'll be alot of complaints from cyclists once they damage their £700 upwards pride and joys doing that :twisted:

you need to get out more!
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Don't get this no pressure washer thing. Using it on tyres, frame and sort of like he did on the cassette/freewheel on lowish pressure is fine, it is when you allow it to flow out and into bearings where it's a problem.

And what Kev says!
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Looks pretty decent that, I might get one. tbh we have decent pressure in our hose pipe, more than enough for cleaning even the worst muck off my bike. But the back yard is a disgrace and could really do with a pressure wash.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    What a bunch of c*nts. I know someone who pressure washed their bike once, six months later they had herpes. Coincidence? I don't think so.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Don't get this no pressure washer thing. Using it on tyres, frame and sort of like he did on the cassette/freewheel on lowish pressure is fine, it is when you allow it to flow out and into bearings where it's a problem.
    What you mean like the wheel bearings which can be accessed just by the cassette?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Yes just like that.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Prowlus wrote:

People spend £700 on a bike? Surely not? :shock:
  • Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    I know someone who pressure washed their bike once, six months later they had herpes. Coincidence?

Is this 'someone' you...? :?
  • YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    Prowlus wrote:

He wasn't wearing ear defenders, eye protection or gloves either.
  • Not as bad as the Evans cycles one with Chris Hoy shaving his legs. I bet there will be tons of complaints .
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    supersonic wrote:
    I want one of those!

You want herpes?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Briggo wrote:
    supersonic wrote:
    I want one of those!

You want herpes?

Minor issue. I heard rumours he already has bad aids worms. But they may just be malicious rumours.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    cooldad wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    supersonic wrote:
    I want one of those!

You want herpes?

Minor issue. I heard rumours he already has bad aids worms. But they may just be malicious rumours.

its not a rumour
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    cooldad wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    supersonic wrote:
    I want one of those!

You want herpes?

Bad aids can be a bugger to shift.