Pub Friday

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,873
edited June 2014 in The bottom bracket
Yeah it's Friday

A few meetings and staff issues are all that stands between me and the pub :lol:

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Friday means an early finish so that's good.

Pizza and a film later 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Fryday means a plateful of fried foods and dead pig based products. I think I'll skip the bubble as that's verging on healthy and replace it with congealed pigs blood.
    Lovely day out there, the downside of this is I feel like I've been pepper sprayed again, my eyes are stinging like fook.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Full English done, just got beet at pool, of to pub in a bit then to the downs to ogle. Will end up in a curry house somewhere about 11 and have already been told i am sleeping in the spare room
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Today is sunny so I am going to go work out of my local coffee shop in the sunshine and admire some of the people who walk past
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,027
    The last two rides have bee in the pissing down rain, today is sunny and I stayed in bed.

Onwards to beers at Centre Parcs this weekend with the good lady and three kids*.

*kids will not be drinking beer.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Afternoon, no pub for me today but I will have some plonk when I get home tonight. Made surprisingly good time into work this morning (Kent to NW1 in 50 minutes) despite having beer and curry in town last night. Good starter for 10 for the Sunday morning roadie trip in the North Downs.

Onwards to more caffeine and tax 'mitigation' :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon, no pub for me today but I will have some plonk when I get home tonight. Made surprisingly good time into work this morning (Kent to NW1 in 50 minutes) despite having beer and curry in town last night. Good starter for 10 for the Sunday morning roadie trip in the North Downs.

You've changed. Do you pedal up the hills now?
    This coming from the fool that's doing 125 road miles on Sunday
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You've changed. Do you pedal up the hills now?
    This coming from the fool that's doing 125 road miles on Sunday
    Shocking isn't it. No uplifts unless I manage to grab a passing lorry. Mind you if I manage a quarter of the diatance you're doing that's not too bad (am doing it with a mate who has had bronchiectasis(?) and needs to shed a bit of timber so don't want to risk killing him :) )

But I am going 'vanning' again in 2 weeks.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    I thought you'd misunderstood the name North Downs and hadn't realised there were ups as well. ;-)
    Whilst I've ridden 80+ miles off road in a day, I've not done 100 miles on road before. But I reckon 125 on road will be easier than 80 off. I'll confirm if this is true on Monday.
    I'm surprised you can wait another 2 weeks to give the new bike a proper hammering.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Can I go to the pub yet?

Today has been productive, closed two client issues successfully and applied for a job in Brisbane .

Enjoy ya Fridays
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I thought you'd misunderstood the name North Downs and hadn't realised there were ups as well. ;-)
    Whilst I've ridden 80+ miles off road in a day, I've not done 100 miles on road before. But I reckon 125 on road will be easier than 80 off. I'll confirm if this is true on Monday.
    I'm surprised you can wait another 2 weeks to give the new bike a proper hammering.
    With wit like that you could be on 'Britain's Got Talent' :wink: Let us know how you manage on the L2B2L.

Trouble with uplifts is they're in the Kindom of Far Far Away (Wales) and have limited availability. Add in weekend family stuff and sorting days off work with riding buddies and it's a bit tricky. Chucking it down the step in our local park doesn't quie cut it.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Chucking it down the step in our local park doesn't quie cut it.
    It would do for Piña and his Diva.