Londoners - good shoe shop?

maddog 2
maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
I'm down in the big city for a meeting next week and wanted to have a good try on. Particularly Sidi.

Which shops have a good selection?
Anywhere central really, from Euston in the north, to Holborn east, river south and maybe Notting Hill to the west.
Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer

Comments

• mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Specifically for Sidi see this thread on LFGSS http://www.lfgss.com/thread211-22.html. There may be others but Sigma Sport in Hampton Wick sounds like the best bet (not as central as you're looking for), also possibly Fitzrovia Bicycles.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    Ta. I could venture further out if necessary. Sounds like Sidis are difficult to try. May be better to order a load from wiggle and then send them all back.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    Condor in Grays Inn Road usually have a good selection. I bought my last pair from there (S Works) having tried on Sidi, Northwave, Giro, Fizik and Rapha from memory.
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    Condor in Grays Inn Road usually have a good selection. I bought my last pair from there (S Works) having tried on Sidi, Northwave, Giro, Fizik and Rapha from memory.

Can't remember if Condor sell Sidi, but I do know they have a really good selection of shoes.
  • bigaac
    bigaac Posts: 72
    I recently looked for somewhere in the south/ east to try on Sidi's its not easy. made even more difficult by the lack of stock (until recently).

I suspect getting some from Wiggle to try may be the best option.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Condor is the place I'd go.

Peter