Rockshox Revelation RCT3 140mm 29er

Roodsbee
Roodsbee Posts: 8
edited June 2014 in MTB buying advice
Does anyone know if these forks can be adjusted to 120mm of travel?

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    They can. A mate has them on his 29er but they are very flexy if you're over 14 stone.
  • Roodsbee
    How flexy? More than a recon g2 silver? What fork would people suggest with 120mm of travel for a Trek Stach7 29er?
  • rockmonkeysc
    If you're 14 stone or under it's fine. I tried it and noticed a little flex but not enough to worry my. My mate who owns it is heavier than me and finds it a problem.
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    why not get the pikes with 140mm travel , not flexy and the extra 20mm wont affect the handling too much.
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • Roodsbee
    I'd love to get the pikes but I don't want to compromise on the geometry to much as I've already comprised on the forks not having 51mm offset that the standard forks have as its next to impossible to find 51mm offset forks. I just want something upgraded from what I have as I feel the forks let the bike down slightly.
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    Roodsbee wrote:
    I'd love to get the pikes but I don't want to compromise on the geometry to much as I've already comprised on the forks not having 51mm offset that the standard forks have as its next to impossible to find 51mm offset forks. I just want something upgraded from what I have as I feel the forks let the bike down slightly.

Pikes come in 51mm offset and can be shortened to 120-130mm travel no problem.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Pikes are great but you have to consider whether you really need the extra weight.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    There is barely any difference in the 29er weight.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Thats surprising. There's about half a pound difference in the 26" versions.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yes, the 29er Rev weighs quite a bit more than the 26er.

29er Rev, 9mm QR with carbon steerer is 1800g.

29er Pike with 15mm axle, alu steerer is 1876g.
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    Roodsbee wrote:

Here you go. 2014 model 51mm,quite expensive though

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/pike ... ack-135311
  • Roodsbee

Pikes come in 51mm offset and can be shortened to 120-130mm travel no problem.

How easy would it be for them to be shortened to 120mm of travel? I'm not hugely fussed about weight as I'm pretty sure my recons are pretty heavy I just want a quality fork that keeps the same geometry that I already have.