Anyone doing this?

http://www.tourofengland.co.uk/tours/tour-of-yorkshire/

Looks pretty decent.
Canyon AL Ultimate 9.0

Comments

• hjghg5
    hjghg5 Posts: 97
    I am :D

I don't do many sportives but my sister works for the NSPCC and it looks like a good one so I thought I'd sign up.
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    I'm in! :D
  • hjghg5
    hjghg5 Posts: 97
    Weather forecast looks "interesting"...
  • tight_git
    tight_git Posts: 57
    Hope you all enjoyed it - Mrs TG and I were cheering you on about 2/3rds of the way up Boltby bank
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Tight Git wrote:
    Hope you all enjoyed it - Mrs TG and I were cheering you on about 2/3rds of the way up Boltby bank

Did I have the pleasure of Mrs TG giving me a push up the backside to get me going again when I stopped there? Whoever it was, I was hugely grateful! I'd been half fried by the speed of the ride over to Boltby so I had little left for the climb.

Was good though - especially day 2. The motorbike outriders were cool and made it pretty much like a closed road and it was nice to make use of the domestiques for a high speed wheel swap when I had a puncture. Even if they did put on an 11-23 11 speed to replace my 12-27 10 speed. Even though I was only a mile from Boltby..... (fortunately, I got my own wheel back in time for the climb!).
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Hi Rolf not sure if the Mrs did push anyone but she might have done (I certainly did!). It seemed like everyone was enjoying themselves except for the climb