sloppyschleckonds Posts: 8,019
edited June 2014 in The cake stop
Openelec on Apple tv :wink:
I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles

Comments

• frisbee
    frisbee Posts: 691
    Openelec on Apple tv :wink:

It's content he's looking for, not something to watch it on.
  • mulletmaster
    mulletmaster Posts: 502
    Have to say I was disappointed in netflix too, the UK content is largely ancient old crap.
  • 24, Breaking Bad. The films are rubbish. Did 2 free trials, would never pay for it.
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    I've paid for one month now, shortly I'll have run out of things to watch.

Have a look at the Hola plugin for Firefox or Chrome to access US Netflix, far greater volume of content (lots of which is frankly unappealing).
  • cesco
    cesco Posts: 252
    craker wrote:
    Have a look at the Hola plugin for Firefox or Chrome to access US Netflix, far greater volume of content (lots of which is frankly unappealing).

This.

And Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, and Orange is the New Black (new season available tomorrow!).
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    I am using Blinkbox (as its cheap) and Google Play (as I have a Chromecast now)... some good stuff on there.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    Took the free trial and cancelled. Virtually every film I searched for wasn't available.
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,878
    Breaking Bad is fantastic.
    Dexter, Homeland, Life on Mars, The Thick of it, Arrested Development, Parks & Recreation, Archer
    I'm just about to start Sons of Anarchy and I'm told House of Cards is great too.

Having a 10 month old baby gives me loads of time for watching series since I can't go out any more.

Not much in the way of films really, certainly nothing much new but I'm not a big film buff anyway. City of God is in my list. Think I've watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Amelie, Usual Suspects and Up - most of which I'd seen before anyway but all are good.
  • monkimark wrote:
    Breaking Bad is fantastic.
    Dexter, Homeland, Life on Mars, The Thick of it, Arrested Development, Parks & Recreation, Archer
    I'm just about to start Sons of Anarchy and I'm told House of Cards is great too.

Having a 10 month old baby gives me loads of time for watching series since I can't go out any more.

Not much in the way of films really, certainly nothing much new but I'm not a big film buff anyway. City of God is in my list. Think I've watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Amelie, Usual Suspects and Up - most of which I'd seen before anyway but all are good.

+100 for Breaking Bad.
    We got rid of Sky as its complete dross. So a few quid a month for Netflix is a bargain in comparison.
  • chaos75
    chaos75 Posts: 72
    Definitely get Hola. Don't restrict yourself to USA either, Canada has loads of good stuff that the UK and US sites don't, so does Denmark. Party Down, Parks and Recreation, House of Cards, Battlestar Galactica are worth a look, IMO.