Rapha Pro Team Race Cape

designman
designman Posts: 405
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Does anyone have a "Rapha Pro Team Race Cape"?
What is the sizing like on the Race Cape - Does it come up small or big? I am 5' 11", 32 inch waist, 37 inch chest, weigh 65kg.
How does the Race Cape perform in heavy downpours, need something that will keep me dry when the heavens open up on long club rides.
Is it easy to fold up into a jersey pocket?

Comments

• winton
    winton Posts: 165
    I find their Rain Jacket to be completely brilliant and better than the Castelli Pocket Liner I had.

Not as tight fitting as the Race Cape, but feels more sturdy.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    I was really disappointed with the build and fit of the Pocket Liner. I’m sure I’ll get over it soon.

I’ve got the Rain Jacket and now have the Race Cape. I agree re the Jacket being excellent. It’s done me well. But I think the build and fit of the Cape is pretty fantastic! Shaped arms, zip cuffs (sturdy zips too!) and the fabric feels more hi-tech that the Jacket. I like the way the bottom /rear area has excess fabric to allow for full jersey pockets – it’s a nice touch. The Mrs also commented on the charcoal colour – if the ladies like it… ;-)

As I’ve mention in my other post I’ve not had a chance to wear it in anger yet, but the taped seams and feel of the fabric tell me it’s not going to be an issue in the wet.