Best Bearing for BB30

The Mechanic
The Mechanic Posts: 1,277
edited June 2014 in Workshop
I have a Felt Z4 with BB30. I don't need any bearings just yet but I am going away avec bike for 2 weeks so thought I would add a set of bearings to my going away spares kit. I understand that SKF are the bees knees but what number bearing is hte best one to get. Any advice much appreciated.
I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,180
    generic bearing is 6806, unless you ride only in dry/clean conditions you want ones with seals 6806-2RS

the main thing is to get high quality bearings, cheapo ones may be poor tolerance, which can lead to all manner of woes

skf sealed bearing...

http://www.thebearingcompany.co.uk/prod ... oduct=7228
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    fit new bearings now before you go away, do you really want to be dxxking about with bearing presses and torque wrenches when your away riding?
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I use the FSA ones from Wiggle and the like... no need for ueber expensive ceramic this or that...
    dont fancy swapping out on the roadside though ! is it a posh 2 weeks away with a 'service course''?
  • SKF or FAG

eBay
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    Are BB30 bearings so fragile that you are worried about them falling apart in just 2 weeks?

If they are fine now, then I'd forget about them. They aren't going to go from good to knackered in just 2 weeks, surely?