Information on these forks?

gt-arrowhead
gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
edited June 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, i have just bought a bike that has these forks on it. Just wanted to find out more about them. I have googled "zone suspension forks" and other google searches to try and find out what they are.

Are they worth anything? What year? Any information really.

They feel pretty decent which i was shocked about as they look to be a poor fork at a first glance. They seem to have two adjustments on the crown of the fork but i have not touched them yet as i have barely been on the bike.

Here are the (poor) pics:

DSC_0221_zps860c3205.jpg
DSC_0222_zpsbc4e2623.jpg
DSC_0220_zps43e5d5c0.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Shite bike, shite phone.

But why does it matter what they are? You're only going to give it a bit of TLC and flog it to some other mug right?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I had some similar to that recently, began with a ZO in the name as well, for pants forks they were ok with seals that worked a bit and slid smoothly, elastomer so had a vague semblance of damping, ok for a hybrid, not for an MTB.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Shite bike, shite phone.

But why does it matter what they are? You're only going to give it a bit of TLC and flog it to some other mug right?

I only payed 34 quid for it, it was worth it in my opinion. And i shall know if its shite or not once i take it for a ride. Only been up and down the road a few times on it so far. Its going to be a "second bike" anyway.

I will be giving it the small amount of TLC that it needs, which is rear brake adjustment and a new front tube as the current one is losing air slowly. And thats it.

I could make a decent amount of profit if i were to flog it but im going to keep it. I shall be flogging my Raleigh from my sig link instead.
    The Rookie wrote:
    I had some similar to that recently, began with a ZO in the name as well, for pants forks they were ok with seals that worked a bit and slid smoothly, elastomer so had a vague semblance of damping, ok for a hybrid, not for an MTB.

I knew they werent damped as you cannot hear anything when the fork returns (as i believe you should with damped forks, as its the damper doing its damping?)

I hopped it off the pavement a few times and it didnt feel pogostick-ish at all, which is always good. Hopefully its alright offroad as i dont have another fork to switch to. Its a shame that the rigid i got off you doesnt have any v brake mounts :P

The only thing about them is that there is a very slight wobble from the lowers, buts its only noticable on hard braking when you are going slowly. Thought it was the headset but re-tightened it and it still happened, and i found out it was the lowers.

The decals are coming off too which is a shame.

Cheers
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A damper doesn't necessarily make a noise, that is about the worst way to determine If a damper is fitted or not.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.