Wednesday Wonder

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited June 2014 in The bottom bracket
Off to the bike shop before some meetings over in the city. And one of them is a lunch meeting which means fooooooooood
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Limited work meh today so lots of loafing and tea drinking, will try not to throw anything :D

Tonight will involve a little run I think so I feel like I've achieved something today.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9LdIL5WCso8

This is how it is for me...
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    arran77 wrote:
    Limited work meh today so lots of loafing and tea drinking, will try not to throw anything :D

Tonight will involve a little run I think so I feel like I've achieved something today.
    That was a slick bit of modding arran, merging the Wednesday threads. How did you manage that!?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sarm34
    sarm34 Posts: 182
    my Wednesday morning will be filled with a bike fit , canna wait :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Usual day of work stuff interspersed with talking bollox. Just had a chat with a mate about how to spend some money and we decided buying a Fiat 500 in Italy and driving it back with a nice old bike strapped to the back would be a good start. The conversation then degenerated into talk of polenta and mice.
    Pub tonight, but which one? The usual hostelry is shut this week.
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

That was a slick bit of modding arran, merging the Wednesday threads. How did you manage that!?

Shhh, no-one noticed :P

You'll make me look stupid and I'm more than capable of that myself :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Painted the bathroom ceiling, lunch, then out on the 'new' bike, wonder if it will be sunny :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    off to get some h plus son/royce wheels, glad the thread has less meh!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Afternoon Gimps,

A caffeine fuelled part day at the office has been had. Now on the way home to get a new pump sorted on the pond. Old one gave up the ghost and it'll be hasta la vista goldfish if I don't get it sorted soon. So good skiving opportunity. May also book my next uplift day so I can give The Panzer a proper shakedown :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    sat in a bar ;)

Drinking tea & working on the delightful PowerPoint:(
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    sat in a bar ;)

Drinking tea
    & working on the delightful PowerPoint:(

I don't believe you :P

seanoconn
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Don't ya just love PowerPoint, I mean who doesn't love seeing them, when they walk into a conference room.

Did I miss the original Wednesday Thread? oops oh well.

On the bike note, 2 new spokes, one each side unfortunately and possibly a new hub bearing. Could have been worse, could have been better. c'est la vie
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • arran77
    sa0u823e wrote:

No. I posted another Wednesday thread just after you and quickly did a stealth delete but Seano caught me out and told everyone :lol:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Just back from a ride and holy moly what an experience. Whatever happened to flaming June?
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    sat in a bar ;)

Drinking tea

earl g@y, for proof - I've got the receipt :lol:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Don't ya just love PowerPoint, I mean who doesn't love seeing them, when they walk into a conference room.

On the bike note, 2 new spokes, one each side unfortunately and possibly a new hub bearing. Could have been worse, could have been better. c'est la vie
    Threads were posted simultaneously but as you're already more popular than arran, your thread ate his :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    sat in a bar ;)

Drinking tea

You just got the waitress to put tea on the receipt so you'd get it paid on your expenses didn't you, it was a beer really wasn't it :wink:

seanoconn
  • arran77
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Just back from a ride and holy moly what an experience. Whatever happened to flaming June?

Tell me about it, just back from a run, that hail hurts :shock:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    sat in a bar ;)

Drinking tea

You just got the waitress to put tea on the receipt so you'd get it paid on your expenses didn't you, it was a beer really wasn't it :wink:
    There used to be a good expenses scam in New York a while back. There was a lap dancing joint that set up a company called 'The New York Pizza Factory Inc' or something similar. So when you got a receipt it all looked legit and you could claim back on expenses. A few people I know had some ****ing expensive pizzas :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    sat in a bar ;)

Drinking tea

There used to be a good expenses scam in New York a while back. There was a lap dancing joint that set up a company called 'The New York Pizza Factory Inc' or something similar. So when you got a receipt it all looked legit and you could claim back on expenses. A few people I know had some ****ing expensive pizzas :)

afraid mine was legitimate expenses

the bright side - I have spent some of tonight talking to Dave L about a half Italian car parts person from a company that sounds similar to Boss :)
  • fat_cat
    fat_cat Posts: 566
    Home after formal dinner. P1ssed. Very p1ssed. Tomorrow won't be pretty.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Oh fark!

How was the pub
  • veronese68
    Not too bad, a little noisy but with other advantages. I think we fared better than another mob that used to drink in the same pub as us. Got a text from one of them and it sounded like they were in the Slaughtered Lamb. I told them not to stray from the path.
    More to the point how was your evening?
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not too bad, a little noisy but with other advantages. I think we fared better than another mob that used to drink in the same pub as us. Got a text from one of them and it sounded like they were in the Slaughtered Lamb. I told them not to stray from the path.
    More to the point how was your evening?

a few drinks & food - first half of the game followed by more PowerPoint :( Dave was saying how the decibels increased when you were on the phone to Italian customers (that was about it - no real gossip)!
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    Dave was saying how the decibels increased when you were on the phone to Italian customers (that was about it - no real gossip)!
    You have to shout in Italian, it's the rules. Apparently I wave my arms around when I'm speaking Italian on the phone as well. :oops:
  • Stevo_666
    V68, two questions for you:
    1. Who are you supporting week on Saturday? (spot the loaded question :) )
    2. Are you making arrangements with The Liverless Wonder to meet up in London sometime soon?
  • veronese68
    1. Don't give a monkeys about football so don't really care. But, the longer Engerland stay in the longer there will be moments of peace and quiet for me to get out and enjoy myself.
    2. No arrangements as yet. We really should make some though. Drinking lots the night before Ride London thing might not be the best idea, but doesn't usually stop me as I'm not very bright.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    1. Don't give a monkeys about football so don't really care. But, the longer Engerland stay in the longer there will be moments of peace and quiet for me to get out and enjoy myself.
    2. No arrangements as yet. We really should make some though. Drinking lots the night before Ride London thing might not be the best idea, but doesn't usually stop me as I'm not very bright.
    I've had to jib out of the Ride 100 as we couldn't get the holiday we wanted any other week :( . Flying out Sat morning the day before the ride so no beers either. We should try to sort something in town before then provided Mr h can wangle another London bound corporate jolly, sorry business trip...
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I've had to jib out of the Ride 100 as we couldn't get the holiday we wanted any other week :( . Flying out Sat morning the day before the ride so no beers either. We should try to sort something in town before then provided Mr h can wangle another London bound corporate jolly, sorry business trip...
    Shame, but holiday definitely takes priority. I've done no extra training yet, but am riding to Brighton and back on Sunday, 125 miles.
    Yes, we'll have to sort something out. Mr H can you justify a customer visit?