mtb floor pump

Cqc
Cqc Posts: 951
edited June 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hiya, my joeblow sport's valve has broken after only 2 months of easy use, which is very disappointing as it was great until it broke so I'm looking for a new pump. I'm willing to spend up to £50 if I have to but would rather spend less. What are your recommendations? Ideally I would like a high volume one for tubeless set up, etc, but most importantly I want one that will last a long long time. Thanks

Comments

• ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Had a Bontranger Charger for 2 years now, still working brilliantly
    Fits both valves and I've used it to go tubeless

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bon ... p-ec008558
    It seems to be no longer available but I'd recommend Bontranger pumps
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    So take it back - two months it will be still under warranty.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Cqc
    I've sent it back for monetary refund, as I don't want to have a second one break...
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Bought one of these a while back http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/lezy ... -prod36286

Difficult to get too enthusiastic about a floor pump but it is rather nice and works well. Good adaptors too. The only minor drawback is that it goes up to 220 psi so for MTB tyres 20-30 psi is right down the one end of the scale and for its size it doesn't move a great deal of air per pump.

Easy to do bar spins with the handle though
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I've got three Beto pumps, ranging from cheap (£15?) to expensive (for Beto £20 odd) all work fine and have for years. The pricier one has a wooden handle etc, and works best - I use it on the car as well.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Any Lezyne HV (high volume) series pump.

I have a Lezyne pump which I'm very happy with. Had it about 5 years and its still working just the same. My friend has a similar one but a high volume one and it is noticeably easier to get tubeless tyres to inflate and get the bead seated.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    cqc - if warrenty fails or is too much bother, they have mostly have universal hose attachments - so you can just change that.
  • Cqc
    I've just found the lenzyne classic dirt dive pump which looks great. Any thoughts?