Something a bit different - All City Nature Boy

IShaggy
IShaggy Posts: 301
edited June 2014 in Your road bikes
WP_000114.jpg

Some bikes are keepers and will hopefully last a lifetime. This is one of those.

All City Nature Boy
The pic's a bit dull but the purple sparkles in the sunshine.
It's a single-cross frameset, so clearance for 38mm tyres.
I've got it set up in commuter/mid-week training mode.
So 28mm Conti 4-season tyres on PX AL30 wheels.
135mm spacing so will take any road wheel with single-speed conversion kit.
Crankset is a converted Shimano Ultegra compact.
So currently running a 50x17, which is about 78 inches. I like to feel the gear.
Thomson seatpost - are there any other makes of seatpost?
Richey Marathon WCS saddle.
3T ergonova bars and stem.
Avid sd7 brakes and Cane Creek long pull levers.
Frame can take mudguards and panniers - if you're that way inclined.
And has some interesting features such as internal cable routing, built in chain tensioners, and ED rust prevention.
Weights in at just under 20lbs, which is not bad for steel.

Comments

• term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    I like the colour/paint job, but would have gone for plain white wheels, I'm not a fan of too much writing on the rims. I'm a big fan of Thomson seatposts though, and have the seatpost and stem on my bike. 50x17 is a hearty gear, I hope you don't live anywhere too hilly. I run 48x18 on my SS, but I have big hills to play on. Is that a second "headsup" computer screen on the bars?
  • IShaggy
    IShaggy Posts: 301
    Term1te wrote:
    I like the colour/paint job, but would have gone for plain white wheels, I'm not a fan of too much writing on the rims. I'm a big fan of Thomson seatposts though, and have the seatpost and stem on my bike. 50x17 is a hearty gear, I hope you don't live anywhere too hilly. I run 48x18 on my SS, but I have big hills to play on. Is that a second "headsup" computer screen on the bars?

I did consider getting the hairdryer out and removing the logos, but in the end couldn't be arsed.
    The gearing's spot on for me as i typically ride on flattish roads or richmond park where the steep bits are short enough to power up. Occasionally take the bike to the surrey hills, but 15% is about as steep as I've tried. Any steeper i think I'd either snap my handlebars or grind to a halt.