FdJ tour dilema

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited June 2014 in Pro race
Bouhanni been put on the long list??

and Giro rider Geniez and Mourey

No fresh legs ? Elisonde - Vuelta ?

Bonnet Bouhanni Delage Démare Geniez Jeannesson Ladagnous Mourey Offredo Pineau Pinot Roy Vichot

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Bouhanni been put on the long list??

and Giro rider Geniez and Mourey

No fresh legs ? Elisonde - Vuelta ?

Bonnet Bouhanni Delage Démare Geniez Jeannesson Ladagnous Mourey Offredo Pineau Pinot Roy Vichot

I guess it all depends on how Demare races this week.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    It's hard to see Demare and Bouhanni working together the way say Kittel and Degenkolb do. Degenkolb knows Kittel is faster in bunch sprints, and Kittel knows he can't contend for stages Degenkolb can.

It's hard to see much in the way of support for sprinters at all in that long list.
    Personally I'd take something like:
    Pinot, Jeannesson, Vichot, Roy, Geniez, Pineau, Mourey/Ladagnous, Bonnet, Demare
  • Turfle wrote:
    It's hard to see Demare and Bouhanni working together the way say Kittel and Degenkolb do. Degenkolb knows Kittel is faster in bunch sprints, and Kittel knows he can't contend for stages Degenkolb can.

It's hard to see much in the way of support for sprinters at all in that long list.
    Personally I'd take something like:
    Pinot, Jeannesson, Vichot, Roy, Geniez, Pineau, Mourey/Ladagnous, Bonnet, Demare

Pinot Jeannesson Geniez Elisonde Vichot Offredo Soupe Demare LeBon .....

is a bit more attacking with a leader
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Pinot, Jeannesson, Vichot, Roy, Geniez, Pineau, Bonnet, Demare, Ellisonde
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    The suggested selections above which include Ellisonde have no sense, if he isn’t in the pre-selection.
    Nobody noted the absence of Fedrigo in the pre-selection. Career coming to an end, I suppose.

Naming Bouhanni in the pre-selection will be partly a stalling manoueuvre by Madiot, because not naming him would probably initiate transfer talks right away.
    If Demare stays on form, though, I can’t see him not going to the TdF - the other pre-selected riders seem more orientated to him.
    It’s also his turn, if such ‘rules’ apply – Bouhanni had his go last year.

In a poll in L’Equipe, 46% of readers favour Demare for the Tour, only 19% Bouhanni (and 32% say both should go to the Tour).