Which rims?

Cave_Dweller
Cave_Dweller Posts: 114
edited June 2014 in MTB buying advice
I've just ordered a Yeti SB66 and Fox 36 float forks and I need everything else for the bike. I know what I want apart from the rims, it's like a minefield out there of different rims and I'm unsure what to get. I will be using the bike for a mix of riding but mainly hard stuff and chucking it down black runs at bike parks, so I'm after a nice touch wheelset.

I have some front and rear Hope Pro evo2's that I have laying around so I'm just after decent spokes and rims. Any advice would be appreciated :D

Edit: forgot to mention I'm after 26" rims and I have a flexible budget depending on what else I order for the new build.

Comments

• Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Stans arch ex or flow ex are standard suggestions
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Mavic EN521 is a decent robust rim and so is the velocity P35 - wide as well and wide rims are better than narrower ones, however these two rims are more trail rims that will allow you do do almost anything. DT Swiss XR400 is a very good XC rim for dirt single track and the like. Never liked stans rims don't know why.

I have a set of EX721's on Hope hubs that I should sell at some point that is another build that is practically indestructable.

As for spokes look no further than Sapim Race.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Mavic EX721 or WTB i25. Both are bomb proof, light (for the strength) and cheap.
  • Cave_Dweller
    Cave_Dweller Posts: 114
    Cheers. Ordered some 721 rims because of yous and they also took my fancy before yous mentioned them. Got some Sapim race spoke on order as well. Should be good and super tough once it's all together. Cheers.