Boardman SLR 9.8

chrisǃ
chrisǃ Posts: 67
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with the boardman SLR 9.8 frameset? I'm looking at purchasing one and building it up but would like to get some feedback beforehand.

Thanks

Comments

• simonj
    simonj Posts: 346
    Yup, nice frame, built a Di2 one last month.
  • chrisǃ
    Cheers for the feedback simonj. Was the bike for yourself? If so how does it ride compared to other bikes? Also what weight does a di2 build come in at?
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Mine is an SLR rather than an AiR and weighs 6.8kg with Force cogs, Di2 and Kysirium Elites.

It's an excellent bike and rides amazing well. It's a climbing/sprinting bike really but I can do a 100 miles on it and still stand up afterwards. The AiR should be a bit more comfy. The AiR is slightly heavier but only by about 150g.

I think you will like it.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • simonj
    edited June 2014
    Very nice bike, very direct - my medium frame weight 939g and with Equipes, Ultegra Di2 & SL-K std crank came in around 7kg. Very nice to ride, but I found it quite hard personally compared to Defy and Felt Z.
  • simonj
    Also if looking at this sort of bike have you checked out the Scott Foil 15 at Westbrook Cycles, silmular spec, weight and price £799, but they also do a bundle with the Di2 bits if you don't already have them for £1399 which may float your boat.
  • chrisǃ
    How did you find the ISP? Are they're many drawbacks/advantages apart from when its cut its cut?
    The Scott foil deal is also on my shot list! It's a pretty insane price!
  • simonj
    The Di2 version does not have an integrated seat post, which I did not know until it arrived, but I prefer as my legs are short, so once cut to my short legs length, limits who I can resell it onto after.

14337951604_88fe7156a7_o.jpg