Sepp Blatter…Is he corrupt??

2»

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    I've always thought that the SPL would be much better off merged with the EPL. Does it really do just having two (and lately just one) team at the top all the time? I'm sure Celtic would be better off financially playing the likes of Man U too. Of course it'll never happen, especially if Scotland leaves the UK.
  • cc78
    cc78 Posts: 599
    bompington wrote:
    cc78 wrote:
    I reckon Aberdeen is the only Scottish city where "old firm" fans are not more common than the local team(s). Possibly Edinburgh also, although it would be pretty close.
    But Edinburgh doesn't have any big teams any more... :twisted:

Ha ha.

I would still class Hearts as the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, Hibs probably 5th... the 1st division next season is going to be very interesting indeed.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    edited June 2014
    Which brings us neatly back to Sepp Blatter.

If Scotland does go independent, will he then give up on the GB football team, AKA England with a couple of Welshmen?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • cc78
    I've always thought that the SPL would be much better off merged with the EPL. Does it really do just having two (and lately just one) team at the top all the time? I'm sure Celtic would be better off financially playing the likes of Man U too. Of course it'll never happen, especially if Scotland leaves the UK.

When the team that finished last in the EPL gets £60m while the SPFL winners got £2.5m, the financial disparities are enormous.

Celtic (and other Scottish clubs) would bite your arm off for a shot at it, but there would be no reason for the EPL to do it.

And it may bring about a UK national team, which let's face it, no-one wants to see...
  • markhewitt1978
    cc78 wrote:
    And it may bring about a UK national team, which let's face it, no-one wants to see...

That is incorrect as I would think that would be a good idea, and I am someone ;)
  • cc78
    cc78 wrote:

That is incorrect as I would think that would be a good idea, and I am someone ;)

OK, it's something that no-one north of Carlisle or west of Bristol wants to see. I'm sure the majority English fans wouldn't be up for it either (certainly no-one I know is).
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    But getting back to Blatter for a moment.....

He is now hopping up and down and saying that the investigation into possible corruption in the awarding of the 202 Cup to Qatar is racist....

Clearly, he is right. Any sane person would award the Cup to Qatar. What with its long and proud history as a footballing nation, its outstanding record on human rights, its huge population of football-adoring youth, its strong domestic leagues, its liberal laws on physical intimacy, homosexuality and the consumption of alcohol and its excellent climate for field sports....

I only found out this week that M Platini voted for Qatar. Is it possible to be cynical, jaded and heartbroken all at the same time?
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    John Oliver sums up Blatter/FIFA brilliantly here. Fantastic and really worth watching.
  • tuneskyline
    tuneskyline Posts: 370
    He's a nice chap and it was a great invention. How else do you clean those windows that are high up.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Oh, and has just announced that he'll be standing for re-election. FIFA have handily removed the stipulations of a max number of terms or max age. Recent comparisons to a mafia family seem to be spot on.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    However corrupt he is, this is worse:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JiELAESyYs

imagejpg1_zpsb0d14440.jpg
  • bdu98252
    bdu98252 Posts: 171
    Watch out everyone. If you claim he can't dance for toffee having watched that video then he will hunt you down and call you a racist. I think he is a brilliant dancer:)
  • markhewitt1978
    He's a nice chap and it was a great invention. How else do you clean those windows that are high up.

:D:D