Decathlon Speed/Cadence sensor help

wishitwasallflat
wishitwasallflat Posts: 2,927
edited June 2014 in Workshop
Hi,
I just got one of these:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ant-speed-ra ... 81211.html

as yet another GSC10 died on me but I think the Decathlon one I got is dead on arrival! My Garmin 500 doesn't see it even when I ask it to Search for ANT+Speed/Cadence. Could anyone who has one of the decathlon ones please tell me - what is supposed to happen when you press the little button on the speed sensor with the battery symbol and test? From the box it appears there should be a red light if the battery if low but on mine there is no light at all and nothing happens if I press that button. I have swapped the supplied battery for a new one but it makes no difference. Just wondering if mine is duff before I send it back or is there something I am missing to get it going - or - is there some way to test it out? The 500 itself is defo working so its not that that's the issue.

Any help advice much appreciated (as always!).

Comments

• davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,098
    A green LED should light up.

They are a good, cheap sensor, fairly waterproof and easy to position but I had one die after a year - it started giving dud readings then stopped altogether but 2 year guarantee so Decath swapped it.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • clogg
    clogg Posts: 70
    Just checked the decathlon sensor on my winter bike if you press and hold the button a green led lights up.

I've had the sensor on the bike for about 18 months in all weathers with no problems .
  • Thanks davidof of and clogg. The one I was sent must be duff so I will return for an exchange tommorow.