Scott Spark + Dropper

saprkzz
saprkzz Posts: 592
edited October 2015 in MTB buying advice
I have just purchased a Scott Spark, and want a dropper seat post.

The shop have said I will have the run the cable external, but the route for it is awkward.

Has anyone got any experience with fitting a Dropper to these bikes and making a nice job of cable routing?

I haven't taken delivery of the bike yet, and wanted to order a Rock Shox Reverb, need to see if it "works" with this bike.

Cheers

Comments

• rgasuk
    rgasuk Posts: 89
    Sure I read something while doing research on the spark of some one running it internally , I've just got a spark myself and was thinking about a dropper post.
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
    Past - Scott spark , caadx ultegra , canyon ultimate cf slx ,trek madone , ridley x-fire , giant Defy, giant trance
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Or if you run a single ring drivetrain?
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    cheers for the thoughts, I think I will wait for the bike to come and then look at it.. I suppose a cable run with a couple of cable ties wouldn't look too bad. Just hoping it wouldn't get in the way, but then I suppose you could say this with all frames+posts
  • Ralfgt
    Ralfgt Posts: 2
    Just assembled an external-routed Rockshox Reverb to my Scott Spark 900.
    Cable routing is awkward. My pick was, in order not to fix the cable on the beautiful top tube, rout it straight down through the seatstays and then laterally beside the bottle cage to the front, and up again clipped together with the brake cable below the down tube. You'll have to fix some adhesive pads for frame protection on both seat tube and down tube.
    On my size L 29er, the 1.500mm cable fit almost short to the 740mm wide handlebar.
    The idea of running a stealth could be better: The dropper cable would come out of the frame at the bottom bracket by drilling a hole in the plastic cap that holds the other cables. Then up with the brake cable to the handlebar.
    If you use a single chainring up front the cable can run inside the frame all the way up to the steerer tube.
    Although I don't know if the cable will pass through the bottom bracket, to be checked.

Note: I use a right-side handlebar lever. If you run a single chainring the same right-side lever can be assembled upside-down on the left, below the handlebar in place of the missing front shifter. Good luck.
  • Ralfgt
    Ralfgt Posts: 2
    Or just wait for the wireless remote dropper post launch from Magura, I think it's called Vyron.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    That was a year ago. If he hasn't fitted it yet he never will.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools