Finding the right DH trail bike

2»

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Why those brands? Is it because you like how they ride or just because you like the name.
    You will probably get a better bike for your money if you go for something like a Giant Reign, Specialized Stumpjumper or Trek Remedy.
    With the brands you name (except cannondale) you are paying more for the name and don't necessarily get a better bike.
  • Why those brands? Is it because you like how they ride or just because you like the name.
    You will probably get a better bike for your money if you go for something like a Giant Reign, Specialized Stumpjumper or Trek Remedy.
    With the brands you name (except cannondale) you are paying more for the name and don't necessarily get a better bike.
    I live in Santa Cruz, so finding good deals on Santa Cruz bikes isn't too difficult and there are many used ones around. I also have a distant family member who owns a large bike shop in San Diego and they seem to have an almost exclusive selection of Pivot bikes. That is not to say that I will be getting half off the retail price, but I may get some kind of discount. The others are just bikes that friends of mine have had that they said were good.

Out of the three you listed, which would you say is the best quality (or the first bike that I should look for)?
  • rockmonkeysc
    I really like the Giant Reign. Great ride, solid frame, great quality.
    Santa Cruz Heckler or Blur LT would do nicely.
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Transition Bandit?

And that Demo(lition) that Paul posted looked awesome
  • rockmonkeysc
    Demos are a bik overkill for the riding the op described plus the back end feels weird.