Which AM bike

Kerrmit1992
Kerrmit1992 Posts: 275
edited June 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys,

Here is another which bike thread.

I'm looking to change from an XC hardtail to a full suss 150mm travel all mountain bike. The reason being I'm no longer interested in how quick I can ride a trail etc. I just wanna go have fun and hopefully gain some confidence in the rough stuff.

I would be happy buying a good base bike that may need upgrades as long as the frame etc is good and looks good and would preferable want to spend less than £2k.

It doesn't have to be right now so if there would be a best time to buy a bike let me know!

Cheers
Craig
Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!

Comments

• jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    There is massive choice available to you. I'm pretty sure every bike manufacturer makes a AM style bike. Either narrow down the list with some specific features you want or don't want ...

Or what I normally advice people; go and demo as many bikes as you can. You'll be surprised at how different they all feel and just because one person likes the bike doesn't necessarily mean you like the bike too.
  • Kerrmit1992
    Kerrmit1992 Posts: 275
    That's the problem, there are so many :-(

When would be the best time to buy to get the best deals?
    Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    So limit the numbers by picking the features that suit you.

There isn't really a best time, but Sep / Oct seems to be when new season stuff is in shops and last seasons stuff will be on sale to make way for the new stuff, but then you also risk the size or spec level you want might not be in stock.

Plus people like CRC and Pauls cycles seem to have discounts all year round.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    September and October are the best times for bargains.