Single-Speed bike with chainguard and mudguards

jack_c
jack_c Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I've been searching for a bike fitting this specification for a while (for university), and the closest I've found so far is the Charge Grater. I was hoping to draw on the collective knowledge of the forum, who might know whether such a bike exists, off the peg so to speak?
I'm not averse to fitting a mudguard or chainguard myself, but from prior experience, retro-fitted mud/chain guards never seem to function as well as pre-fitted ones.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated

P.S. I'm sure it goes without saying but ideally not too expensive!

Comments

• darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    in black with rod brakes and the ends of the mudguards painted white. All the old boys rode these when i was a nipper!
  • jack_flap
    jack_flap Posts: 40
    If you don't mind looking at second hand or old stock - both no longer produced:

The Trek District Series a fitted chainguard with eyelets for mudguards/racks - http://www.trekbikes.com/ca/en/bikes/20 ... thdistrict

The older Charge Plug Grinder bikes with horizontal top tubes had fitted mudguards but no chain guard.
  • jack_c
    jack_c Posts: 3
    Thanks for the quick replies, I will certainly look for that bike, but it would be great to know if there a similar bike in current production?
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Many SE Racing bikes can take full mudguards but you will have to buy & fit them yourself. My SE Racing draft lite came with a chain guard too.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.