Cars n coffee - June

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited June 2014 in The cake stop
This months meet included this gem ( shame he didn't clean it :roll: ) it's a 1951 Porche, oldest in Portugal and it was the 49th porche produced...

imagejpg1-8.jpg

imagejpg2-3.jpg
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Is that like a Porsche ?!
  • team47b
    My ipad is illegitimate, it can't spell :D
  • Weather looks awful there, but chapeau on getting the fat badly dressed brit in the pic :lol:
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    I love 356s.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    If we're talking air cooled then it has to be the Beetle next to it for me 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    Weather looks awful there, but chapeau on getting the fat badly dressed brit in the pic :lol:

Socks n sandles is the giveaway :D
  • Mikey23
    I don't see the car, just the socks and sandals... An image that will haunt me for days
  • Mikey23
    And has he just hit a cyclist? Seems to still be embedded in the windscreen...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    arran77 wrote:
    Doesn't look like there's a lot of difference...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

That explains your bike choice :D

Gripped!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    team47b wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

That explains your bike choice :D

Gripped!

:roll:

Everyone knows that the Beetle is the better car :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    Weather looks awful there, but chapeau on getting the fat badly dressed brit in the pic :lol:

I think that's what's known by the kids as a 'selfie' :lol:
  • team47b
    Cheeky bastardo, I weigh 55kgs (I just weighed myself at the vet's - slow day) :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    arran77 wrote:

...otherwise known as the KDF wagon. Hmmm....?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Cheeky bastardo, I weigh 55kgs (I just weighed myself at the vet's - slow day) :D

I knew you were an old dog but the Vets!? Cheaper than a Doctor?
  • team47b
    It was a slow day, I was walking past the vet's and popped in to say hello, they were busy in the back office so I waited around, read all the leaflets, like you do,then thought I'd try out the weighing platform, 55kgs, then mrs T joined in and we had a competitive weighing session, she was 49kgs, lightweight, I was just checking out the carbs in the biscuits when the vet came back, oh well I'll be quicker next time! :D
  • pinno
    So I presume that the Isetta is quite economical carrying a combined weight of 104kg's? If you gave the fatty in the sandals a lift, what would be your max speed?
  • team47b
    38 mph.

I am still running in the engine so that is the max, but I guesss the increased weight downhill I could get over 40 mph, wahey :D
  • pinno
    According to the Strand Magazine, going over 12 mph in a horseless carriage can cause heart problems and mausea.
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNybl99uHvuQ4ub57b0PSA9rkx3SRJd3OfxUvbp4oH9gzJRB8LBQ

49th porsche would more likely have been one of these. just as lethal in the wrong hands
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • team47b
    I thought it was interesting that Porsche didn't win the tank contract so developed the 'tank destroyer' in your photo, that what you call a sore loser :D