Pauls Cycles any good for Caad 10

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Anyone bought a bike from these guys? They don't appear to have a returns policy and are too far away for me to test ride the bike.

Comments

• borisface
    borisface Posts: 273
    You might wanna do some searching on this forum re cannondale's warranty before pulling the trigger.
  • I bought a SS Evo from them, had a phone call confirming order and asked them to cut the steerer and put some different handlebars on. Bike was delivered within 2 days and probably better packed than anything else I've ever seen.

Returns policy will probably be under distance selling and warranty through a local LBS. Not sure how this affects sale items though.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • borisface wrote:
    You might wanna do some searching on this forum re cannondale's warranty before pulling the trigger.

Jesus wept.....
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • borisface
    borisface wrote:

Jesus wept.....

Well you can't deny that there has been an awful lot of adverse publicity regarding their warranty on this very forum.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    But the guy got a new frame in the end:)
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    solboy10 wrote:
    But the guy got a new frame in the end:)

Yep I did. Don't be put off buying a Cannondale if it's the bike you want, just be aware of all the caveats in their warranty. I'd give the same advice for someone considering buying any brand though. A rider in my club was very glad I got my issues with Cannondale resolved as he can now 'openly' lust after his dream bike - a Super-Six Evo!

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • borisface
    OK fair dues if everyone's happy I'll butt out
  • janwal
    janwal Posts: 489
    I bought a full sus Giant FX1 4 years ago and had no problems with them.The Shimano disc brakes gave me no end of squeeling problems though.I contacted Paul's via phone and after trying lots of different things,I still had squeeling.In the end they sent me set of Giant brakes which I fitted and the problem went away.Very helpful guys eager to help me with the problem.Go for it.
  • evs78
    evs78 Posts: 133
    I bought a Hi-mod Supersix Evo last year from there and the service was quick and was at a great price.

One note of caution, their couriers are not the most reliable and left my bike boxed up sat on my front doorstep when no one was in to sign for it!
    All the gear and no idea...
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    I have bought a bike from them before and the packaging was excellent. Everything was padded and wrapped separately and finally double bike boxed. Great service.
    tick - tick - tick
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    Pauls is just up the road from me and I have had 5 bikes from them, had no issues, I have seen them setting up the bikes for online sales and they do actually check each and every bike over. They did notice a problem on my Schwinn out of the box and recabled the front shifter.
  • zanush
    zanush Posts: 161
    Unfortunately they use Yodel and when i bought my scott aspect from them the driver was about to leave it on the front forecourt and drive away. But don't let the courier issues put you off as they have good deals and good customer service.
    Boardman Fs Team
    Felt F95