Goggles buying advise.

The secret rider
The secret rider Posts: 812
edited June 2014 in MTB buying advice
Looking to order some goggles for my new full face (661)

Anything considered ideally from chain reaction as I've got a voucher from there to use.

Been looking as These comes with 3 lens

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobi ... -prod77022

It's more than I wanted to spend but is want a choice of lenses ideally as I assume this is important ?

Any other options or opinions on clear lens for a one size fits all lens is sun etc is a mirrors one needed

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I'd just go for their Oakleys at £31
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    I've got 100% Accuris and they're great, seem to be very good quality, don't fog up and the lenses are superb
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Oakley Mayhem MX's are my favourites. They're pretty similar to the Crowbar's but have lots of little improvements and are often cheaper than the Crowbar's.

I used to think changing lenses was important but now just stick with a clear lens, the light is too unpredictable to be messing with tinted lenses unless you have a spare pair of goggles with a different lens IME. Only time I change lenses now is to change an old one for a new one. The Mayhem's do come with both a clear and a grey lens (it's a nice touch from Oakley since it doesn't increase the price compared to other goggles) so it won't cost you anything to try a tinted lens.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I got Mayhems from CRC, the colour I chose (some awful purple combo, that I don't have to see as I'm wearing them)was only £15. They don't seem to have them in now though.
  • Thanks for the advise after reading the reviews I ordered the

100% race craft ones.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    One goggle is as good as another. Just make sure replacement lenses are readily available and reasonably priced.
    I use Fox Main and Oakley O frame goggles, mostly because they are actually the same goggles and lenses are available just about everywhere.
  • used the race craft this week when climbing and decending Snowdon on the NP they were great, also used them with my full face and IXS they fit better with the full face.
  • rockmonkeysc
    You wore goggles while climbing? Why?
  • You wore goggles while climbing? Why?
    Pouring driving rain an crazy winds .... It's pretty windy at 1000mtrs !
  • rockmonkeysc
    Good reason!
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    You wore goggles while climbing? Why?
    Pouring driving rain an crazy winds .... It's pretty windy at 1000mtrs !

haha..by that reckoning I'd need to wear goggles when going to the local shop, dropping the boy at school, cleaning the bike and everything else I do outside the house...I live at 1,400m :lol:
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • rockmonkeysc
    I did once wear full face and goggles for an xc ride when it was very sub zero. Kept me nice and warm.