Zee Mech "return to zero"

FreddieFixIt
FreddieFixIt Posts: 8
edited June 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys, hopefully you can help me.
I have a Zee rear derailleur which got tangled up in a big stick today and made a bit of a mess. As far as I can tell, I have the rear cage back to normal but when its in the highest gear (smallest cog) it rocks on the jockey and tries to skip up a gear. If I hold the cage upwards then it runs quiet and fine...also if I take the cable out, it seems fine too.
When I attach the cable again and knock it up and down a gear, it doesn't fully retract on the last gear, so it rattles again.
Any ideas?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Something is bent.
    Mech or hanger.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I couldn't see any bend in the hanger so it must be the mech :(. Twirling the high limit screw doesn't seem to be doing much so maybe a bend would be affecting that?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It's the low screw that works at that end of the cassette.......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Is it definitely the right screw your adjusting. And obviously you're adjusting without the cable attached yeH? Seems wired that it would run ok without the cable attached. Have you done the barrel adjuster?