Mega Mega

2»

Comments

• baz4388 wrote:
    have you seen the trek session frame in purple and blue? Looks awesome IMO.

Sure have ! It looks brilliant but i would be getting the Ali version which is the black yellow and orange one . . . however this may change when they are released.

I rode Rogate today . . terrible ride . . only saved by having a crazy whip session over a table top with mates so that was fun.

I also sat on a TR250 today in medium which was TINY ! and TBH even with 180mm forks it was just not slack enough . .. i also rode a Commecial Supreme VIP and that thing was so sick ! super slack and so flickable very very nice bike but super rare and hardly ever come up for sale.

Im thinking i may give Trek a call Tuesday and discuss the new park 26" for 2015.
  • The secret rider
    The secret rider Posts: 812
    edited January 2015
    :D:D:D:D
  • Look whats still kicking about :)

IMG_4402_zps4b342001.jpg
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    You clicked with it yet?

Swapping out the stem on mine to a 30mm made all the difference (as well as 1x10 and a a Reverb Stealth). Was also getting the too far forward feeling but finding it a lot better now.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • Myster101 wrote:
    You clicked with it yet?

Swapping out the stem on mine to a 30mm made all the difference (as well as 1x10 and a a Reverb Stealth). Was also getting the too far forward feeling but finding it a lot better now.

Yes feels a lot better now (long story) but i took a job offshore but before i left i was hitting some pretty big stuff and all was good so happy days.

Now ive adjusted im riding again but had at least 3 months off the bike so now getting back into it all so should be easier to adapt etc but there is loads of AM riding near (ish) i think so thats what the bike is made for perhaps not the big hit stuff i was using it for before :)

Glad you've got on well with yours ! Been riding much ? many upgrades
  • Yea getting out on it often, mainly riding Whinlatter at the moment as most of my local trails are saturated. Mods so far are:
    SLX brakes.
    Reverb stealth.
    ODI Yeti grips.
    1 X 10 set up.
    X9 shifter.
    Superstar Nano pedals.
    30 mm Hussefelt stem.
    Now running tubeless.

Thinking about entering the Enduro Gravity race at Whinlatter in May on it as it loves the down bits :D

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • cyd190468 wrote:
    How did you not break it with that single speed conversion. It would have put massive strain on the chain

NO IDEA, please don't think it was my ideal repair ! It was done with what we could more than half way up - imagine having to turn back then with a bike that was unridable ! what a waste.

The only goals were to make it to the top and to ride down safely. Which i am happy to report we did.

The cranks would hardly turn though pedalling was only done when needed as it was clear it was putting strain on things !

As a precaution a new mech (obviously) chain and bottom bracket were fitted immediately when i got home from those days away.

Nukeproof you see . . . 'Nukeproof'.
  • cyd190468 wrote:
    You should have taken the chain off at the top and coasted down. At least that way the suspension would have been free.

No i should not . . . . you try riding that terrain without a tension on the cranks they would keep dropping to bottom of the stroke and smashing of rocks.

i got down fine - had a blast and did not hang about.

thanks anyway !
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    With the chain stretch on the Mega frame that single speed set up is a bad idea, could cause all sorts of problems. Loose the chain and coast as a last resort. My mech got similarly bent and I bent it back far enough that it would just about run if I didn't shift gear.