Alex Dowsett's new PB...

13»

Comments

• JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    The other times add even more to that ride. Best rider from the club with a short 25 shows its not a dragstrip.

It's far from a dragstrip! Good, honest SC TT course with an interesting turn (90 degree right, then 3 90 degree lefts to bring you back on to the road you started on), I think Alex's ride on there is possibly more impressive than the comp record.
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    JackPozzi wrote:
    The other times add even more to that ride. Best rider from the club with a short 25 shows its not a dragstrip.

It's far from a dragstrip! Good, honest SC TT course with an interesting turn (90 degree right, then 3 90 degree lefts to bring you back on to the road you started on), I think Alex's ride on there is possibly more impressive than the comp record.

Don't forget the wind either. There's been days when it's all you can do to keep the bike on the road and out of the fields. I've only been riding this season and am down to 26.18 - hoping to get into the 25s at some point before the year's out.

In fairness last night the faster guys were riding the 25 but even they'll only be doing the 10 in short 23s.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    We have dead turns around a cone in the middle of the road here which can be fun and games
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Don't forget the wind either. There's been days when it's all you can do to keep the bike on the road and out of the fields.
    I think the Dengie peninsular is the second windiest place on earth (OK I made that up but it's always bloody windy!)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    We have dead turns around a cone in the middle of the road here which can be fun and games

Only time I've ever gone over 30 minutes for a 10 was over there in my first ever season (I was doing 25 minute rides on my local DC course). Even Obree and Boardman were around 22 minutes from memory.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Pross wrote:

Only time I've ever gone over 30 minutes for a 10 was over there in my first ever season (I was doing 25 minute rides on my local DC course). Even Obree and Boardman were around 22 minutes from memory.

Certainly neither ever went sub 20. 20 was broken for the first time the week before last by Pete Kennaugh with a 19.38. It broke Cav's seven year old record of about 20.14 so Pete's feat is very much on par with Alex's over here. Perhaps not coincidental that both are showing such form when vying for TdF places in their respective teams.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Paul 8v wrote:
    http://www.madcc.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=775:evening-q10q-a-q25q-results-3rd-june&catid=21:the-robster&Itemid=56

Alex's time is just under the 10's as he's not in the club (Although technically a lifetime member)

Good to see young Jake doing well Paul, is he on Kevin's old PX with that time? Kevin says I I should come up and try it one week, but not TTing much this year
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    he is, Kevin said he could have it if he beat him in the TT and he did so Kevin is on a fixed now!