New Garmin Connect

Brian1
Brian1 Posts: 595
edited June 2014 in Road general
I thought I heard somewhere that Garmin were giving connect a makeover but I am still on the old version. Am I missing something or has it not been released yet

Comments

• thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    Don't do it - it's crap!

There is a small button at the top which allows you to switch to modern...

But I have warned you!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • iron-clover
    iron-clover Posts: 737
    The new garmin connect is open for business- but unfortunately you have to use Garmin express to upload new files, and it doesn't work on my computer :( It just gets stuck in a cycle of "needs to make changes to your computer" from which there is no escape until you say "no", at which point it is shut down...

Luckily the old version can still be used and their uploader still works.
  • Garmin express works perfect, syncs immediately for me.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • thefd
    I completely agree - the express works perfectly but the rest of Garmin connect is dud!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • Sanjay
    Sanjay Posts: 108
    I can't see this button small button to switch it over! I am pretty bad at looking for things though.
  • littledove44
    littledove44 Posts: 871
    I never access Garmin Connect directly.

I upload my rides to Strava and then use Tapiriik to sync automatically to other sites such as Garmin Connect. Works perfectly.
  • Brian1
    Nope definitely no button on top of my page either!
  • thefd
    Brian1 wrote:
    Nope definitely no button on top of my page either!
    14334436573_d6b05b018a_b.jpg
    See top right hand corner :wink:
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • Brian1
    No that is not on my page. Thats weird!
  • thefd
    Brian1 wrote:
    I think they are rolling it out in stages. Honestly you are not missing anything!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    You're not missing much. Like most redesigns that happen as a result of someone attempting to fix something that isn't broken it's a f*cking mess.
  • jewbs
    jewbs Posts: 139
    yeah its very disappointing . The explore facility on the new version does not seem to work for me. I would like to view other peoples courses , especially if i am away from home and download them to my 810 to do myself but it just does not work. so frustrating. Plus if you search a map area , click to view a course when you then click back it goes to its original starting point instead of the area you were searching.
    If anybody knows a site i can view other peoples rides and then download them to my garmin i would be grateful, just wish garmin could get their act together.
  • Garmin express works fine for me but i tend to sync the 510 to my phone so everything uploads automatically. However, I have been trying to create an 80 mile course/route which when i get about half way in the map freezes, no left/right movement, only zoom. Had 3 attempts and happened every time, so, pretty useless!
  • ravenvrider
    ravenvrider Posts: 198
    I have not got that link either, only got my 500 this week but disappointed with the features of connect so far, the search is next to useless to find anyone i know, i can't find the link to set up segments, the weather is always wrong.

Just seems like they thought oh people will just upload to strava we dont have to bother with ours.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I ve got a 500 had it some time.

I ve got the new connect and have updated the firmware to 3.30 on my devices.

I used to be able to just plug my Garmin in by USB after a ride and it would automatically upload data to the OLD connect site, it wont do this on the new site.

When I do on the dashboard it says there are no activities to sync! the only way I can get it to do it is to get it to browse my computer and upload the files from the drive.

What am I doing wrong, do I need to download express as well as connect (thought I had already) why does it not just automatically upload ride data when I attach the Head unit (garmin 500) by USB to the computer like the old version?

Can I go back to the old version.

It would appear this version is just for people who want to download data by Bluetooth as on the new 810 or 510 do us luddites using just 500 head units have to search and manually upload all files now?
  • rob21
    rob21 Posts: 284
    Brian1 wrote:
    left hand side off the page.
    click on the bottom off the 4 icons then click classic view...