2014 Cannondale Synapse Ultegra blue

DORSETVDUBSTER
DORSETVDUBSTER Posts: 31
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

Does anyone know a bike store in the UK with the blue edition of this bike in stock? I've looked everywhere and can only find the matte black.

Cheers

Scotty

Comments

• gazspaz
    gazspaz Posts: 10
    Ive just ordered the Supersix same spec in blue from Scotby Cycles in Carlisle. Try them mate, Very impressed with the lvl of service..

Give Lee a ring in the store and he will try Cannondale direct..
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I guess you've tried Epic? ...

cann-14-sync-HMUlt-1000d_zps0a18c66f.jpg
  • It's actually this one:

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8; ... %7C%7C%7C2

I can't find it in the UK anywhere!!!
  • dork_knight
    dork_knight Posts: 405
    Have you tried ringing an authorised dealer to see if that is actually available in the UK as it doesn't appear on the Cannondale UK site?
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    It's actually this one:

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8; ... %7C%7C%7C2

I can't find it in the UK anywhere!!!

Have you rung up any cannondale dealers? Or are you just looking online?
  • giant_man
    Can't you get it from bike 24? they are very good .....
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    The black/blue one above is the UK version. Maybe only available in Europe so buy it from the site you linked perhaps? Black/blue 56cm F/S on Ebay (not mine, I have a Ribble)
  • dork_knight
    dork_knight Posts: 405
    They are different bikes Camcycle, the one the OP is after is not the Hi-Mod version.
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.
  • I've asked a few local dealers and they keep pointing me towards the hi mod as pictured above. I'm guessing that it's a non UK model then!!

I wasn't too sure if Bike24 were legit, never keen on mail order.
  • giant_man
    edited May 2014
    They're fine, deffo legit, ordered a few bits from them in the past. The only thing is I don't know how you stand warranty wise, would be best to check. If you know your size, and if it is the model you want, I would give them a whirl. The 56 is in stock, the others June/July.
  • I'm new to road bikes so not too sure on size. I've ridden a 54" and 56" Synapse and they both feel ok. If I get a bike fit at a LBS is it ok not to buy the bike from them? I'm 5' 11" with a 33/34 inside leg so I'm guessing that a 56" should be good to go!?!?
  • giant_man
    well of course it does depend on geometry, do you know your stack and reach?

At 5'11", the 56cm sounds right on the money, but you want to be sure imo.
  • How do you measure stack and reach, it's all new to me!
  • giant_man
    sounds like you do need a bike fit, which you can then apply to any frame of your desire. Once you have your measurements, it's not hard to apply to any geometry. Look upon it as an investment, well worth the 100 quid or whatever. Of course, it does depend on how good the fitter is!! He's got to know his stuff.

Here is an old thread that's useful:
    viewtopic.php?t=12951776&p=18655132
  • Cheers for the info Giant man, it looks as if a bike fit is needed then. Are the LBS ok with doing them if you don't buy a bike from their store? I've also had previous back surgery so I'm guessing some tweeking will be required!!

How do you transfer their measurements to an off the shelf bike? Sorry about all of the questions!!
  • djhermer
    djhermer Posts: 328
    You're obviously based in Dorset. Have you been to primera? They're cannondale dealers and normally have good stock to try sizing etc.
  • djhermer wrote:
    You're obviously based in Dorset. Have you been to primera? They're cannondale dealers and normally have good stock to try sizing etc.

Funny you should say that, I'm off up there today!! I want to see if a 54" or 56" is the correct base size as I want to order the EU model Ultegra from Bike24
  • giant_man
    I don't know what Primera offer bike fits outside of bike sales, most bike shops do. As mentioned, once you have your bike measurements, the optimum measurements for any bike for YOU, then it is easy to apply to stock geometries. Hope you get on with it ok.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    The Cannondale importers are based in Dorset ( http://www.cyclingsportsgroup.co.uk/ ) so give them a call.

I believe you will have warranty issues unless you buy the bike from a Cannondale dealer so be careful.
    For any warranty claim to be considered, the bicycle must be brought in to an Authorized Cannondale Bicycle Retailer on the same continent on which the bicycle was purchased. The bicycle must be in assembled condition and accompanied by the original, dated sales receipt for the bicycle.

WARNING RE. BICYCLE WEB SALES:
    Cannondale bicycles are intended to be sold only in a completely assembled and adjusted condition, by authorized Cannondale Retailers at authorized locations. We have generally prohibited the sale of Cannondale bicycles through the Internet or mail order. ...
    We do this for your safety. Taking the professional retailer out of the process increases the chance of assembly errors that could lead to an accident or injury. Proper assembly and adjustment are key aspects of maximizing safety, and Cannondale requires the retailer to completely assemble and adjust every Cannondale bicycle prior to its sale. This is particularly important with the unique and innovative features specific to many Cannondale bicycles. We also require that the retailer orient you to the particular bicycle, and to review safety equipment. Please note that your initial 30 day service visit is also very important. ...
    In addition to the risks described above, with one exception, purchasing a Cannondale bicycle via the internet voids all product warranties.

http://www.cannondale.com/terms-policies/

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    The Cannondale importers are based in Dorset ( http://www.cyclingsportsgroup.co.uk/ ) so give them a call.

I believe you will have warranty issues unless you buy the bike from a Cannondale dealer so be careful.
    For any warranty claim to be considered, the bicycle must be brought in to an Authorized Cannondale Bicycle Retailer on the same continent on which the bicycle was purchased. The bicycle must be in assembled condition and accompanied by the original, dated sales receipt for the bicycle.

Cannondale bicycles are intended to be sold only in a completely assembled and adjusted condition, by authorized Cannondale Retailers at authorized locations. We have generally prohibited the sale of Cannondale bicycles through the Internet or mail order. ...
    We do this for your safety. Taking the professional retailer out of the process increases the chance of assembly errors that could lead to an accident or injury. Proper assembly and adjustment are key aspects of maximizing safety, and Cannondale requires the retailer to completely assemble and adjust every Cannondale bicycle prior to its sale. This is particularly important with the unique and innovative features specific to many Cannondale bicycles. We also require that the retailer orient you to the particular bicycle, and to review safety equipment. Please note that your initial 30 day service visit is also very important. ...
    In addition to the risks described above, with one exception, purchasing a Cannondale bicycle via the internet voids all product warranties.

No, that's the US terms and conditions. That highlighted paragraph is illegal in the EU single market.

I bought a Supersix mail order from an UK authorized dealer.
  • ratsbeyfus
    adamfo wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:

No, that's the US terms and conditions. That highlighted paragraph is illegal in the EU single market.

I bought a Supersix mail order from an UK authorized dealer.

My mistake for using the USA policy, but the wording is identical on the UK version! See for yourself:

http://www.cannondale.com/gbr/terms-policies/

@ratsbey
  • Camcycle1974
    They are different bikes Camcycle, the one the OP is after is not the Hi-Mod version.

Ah, thanks for the correction. Should have realised as they have the black/blue one in my LBS and it's £3000. Nice bike but not £3000 nice. Don't like the weird seat tube/top tube junction or the mega skinny seat post.
  • Camcycle1974
    From reading the other Cannondale thread it would seem you may have warranty issues even if you don't buy it online. Why should an online sale void any warranty? Sounds like Cannondale don't take their responsibility to their customers very seriously.
  • giant_man
    From what I've read in the last couple of months from this forum and others, Cannondale's warranties suck all round. You don't seem to be covered whatever you do. It wouldn't stop me buying a supersix evo or carbon synapse, but just saying.
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    If you buy something new online or by phone you are covered by distance selling regulations. If you don't want it return with tags for a full refund.
    The manufacturers warranty is legally binding regardless of how you bought the item from an authorized dealer. If you bought a bike from an authorized German dealer you deal with them first for any claim.
  • ratsbeyfus
    Why should an online sale void any warranty? Sounds like Cannondale don't take their responsibility to their customers very seriously.

Cannondale explain their reasoning thus:
    We do this for your safety. Taking the professional retailer out of the process increases the chance of assembly errors that could lead to an accident or injury. Proper assembly and adjustment are key aspects of maximizing safety, and Cannondale requires the retailer to completely assemble and adjust every Cannondale bicycle prior to its sale.

Perhaps it is to protect them from litigation - if you crash on the first ride on your internet-purchased-Cannondale coz the stem was lose they can say 'don't blame us!'. I imagine other manufacturers probably do similar. I would hope they would never use it against a warranty claim though, as they must sell a huge proportion of their bikes through internet-only retailers.

@ratsbey