Tan/White wall tyres?

Camcycle1974
Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Schwalbe Durano in White? Sorry to read of your decision not to proceed with a pro career.

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Panaracer Pasela are good. Quite light for what they are - I think the sidewalls aren't the toughest but not in the same league of delicateness as Veloflex! Cost about £20ish irrc and very nice. I have these on my Raleigh Record Ace and they look very nice indeed. Only downside is the tread texture which highlights any dried mud present.

Cheap, durable and effective - Schwalbe Delta Cruiser for well under £15. I used them on my old Dawes for commuting and found them great value.

For the proper, retro experience, Michelin World Tour in all their entirely un puncture protected original 70s goodness! Can be had for well under a tenner! A classic!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    I know they touch the race end but you can get some Continental GP4000 Tour 100 White Walls + inner tubes for just over £54 here. £27 each for tyre and tub isn't that bad.

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/gran ... ountry=190

They are actually very durable. Haven't had a puncture since I got them in 1500miles. They roll smooth and comfy too.

48987_250789.jpg
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Vittoria Rubino are a fairly inexpensive option. I bought some for about £12 each a couple of months ago. They do them in white or "honey" coloured sidewall. The honey is their version of tan I imagine. They look good, albeit a bit yellow to start with but they soon tone down to a more retro look. Well pleased with mine.

Edit : My mistake, they're a tenner each at Wiggle. They look yellow on the website until you actually compare them to the yellow tyre.

Not the greatest photo but here they are on my Fulcrum Racing Quattro wheels.
    Tyres.jpg~c200?t=1401438303
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    PlanetX have some cheap gumwall tyres but not sure they have black and gumwall combination.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Thanks for all the suggestions - went for the controversial Duranos in "creme" this time. Will post a picture of the bike when it's back from the powdercoaters and all the components have arrived :wink:

:shock: Make sure you take the pics before you've first ridden the bike when it still looks good! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Will you ride it though now you cease to be a cyclist?
  • corius
    corius Posts: 1
    Hi,

I've enjoyed reading your blog, and hope the new bike looks good!

I've started cycling again at the tender age of 53 having spent most of my life behind a desk. I'm quite fit and can afford to buy nice bikes and nice gadgets, but I still lie in bed at night wondering what might have happened if I'd been a pro-cyclist, olympic runner, or film star!

You've already done something that most of us can only dream about, and no matter what routes you choose in life now you will always know that you were one of the best and have reached a level that the vast majority of us can only aspire too.

So, enjoy what you have achieved and, more importantly, enjoy what you are about too achieve!

Mind you, I'm still not sure about the tyres!