conti 25

gazeds
gazeds Posts: 182
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
Does any one know how the new gp4000s II 25mm compare to the 4000s 25mm in respect of inflated size.

Comments

• littledove44
    littledove44 Posts: 871
    edited May 2014
    gazeds wrote:
    Does any one know how the new gp4000s II 25mm compare to the 4000s 25mm in respect of inflated size.
    No discernible difference. 25mm at both 90 and 110psi.

I changed over yesterday. The originals very a tight squeeze between my brake blocks. The new ones are also tight, but if I had to pick I would say they may be so teeny bit easier, so thinner. But we are talking fractions of a mm.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    They appear to be essentially the same tyre with a cosmetic tweak.
  • gazeds
    gazeds Posts: 182
    Asking as the 4000s was within a gnat's whisker of the brake on the front of the bike, the rear was ok. It's ok until the tyre pick's a piece of gravel up.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    From what I have read (but not verified in the flesh) these tyres are the same apart from the cosmetic colour bands in the sidewall on the new version.

One thought - if the size remains a concern, you could stick a 23mm tyre on the front, given that most of the load comes through the rear tyre, with very little impact on comfort, etc. I have Attack/ Force tyres on a wheelset and they come 22 front 24 rear. I don't swap tyres round - wouldn't work for you if you prefer to do so.

Peter
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    Dont they come up close to 28C ?

The 23C's are just over 24
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    gazeds wrote:

I would put money on them being identical.