Random question

Cyclum
Cyclum Posts: 104
edited May 2014 in Commuting chat
I've always just cycled in baggy shorts/t-shirts and have decided to treat myself to some 'proper' gear to go with my lovely new bike.

I've noticed it all has HUGE great pockets on the back. That's a lot of space. So what do you all keep in there?

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Wallet, keys, mobile
    Food
    Spare tube, tyre levers, pump
    Gilet maybe and/or arm warmers
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Its only a pocket. Keep whatever you want in there.
    As DHope said, emergency spares and extra clothing usually.
    You wouldn't buy an estate car and ask other estate car drivers what they keep in the back, would you?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Its only a pocket. Keep whatever you want in there.
    As DHope said, emergency spares and extra clothing usually.
    You wouldn't buy an estate car and ask other estate car drivers what they keep in the back, would you?

I keep people that ask silly questions in the back of mine, if your asking?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I've just got mine tinted so passers-by can't see that I have askers of silly questions in mine.
    Very handy when I was travelling with two bikes and luggage and had to leave the car unatteneded and loaded overnight.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Random answers..... Like 42

That and my stache so I can loose it quick when the old bill clock me......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    I carry very little in mine as I get my girlfriend to carry everything. It's the only way I can drop her on climbs. I call her (very quietly) my domestique.
    Insert bike here:
  • anonymousblackfg
    anonymousblackfg Posts: 2,029
    All the stuff lessor mortals would keep in a saddle bag or pinned to their frame and if a super domestic about 8 waterbottle and 6 fist fulls of gels.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    Cyclum wrote:
    I've always just cycled in baggy shorts/t-shirts and have decided to treat myself to some 'proper' gear to go with my lovely new bike.

I've noticed it all has HUGE great pockets on the back. That's a lot of space. So what do you all keep in there?

I used to think the same...while wearing cycle tops with (slightly) baggy shorts and pockets...

...when (if) you switch to lycra cycle shorts, they dont have pockets so everything you previously put in your baggy shorts goes in there (phone/keys/etc).

And it looks more pro ;)