What Campagnolo options are there for 135mm hubs?

dbrooksbank
dbrooksbank Posts: 20
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi. I'm in the process of building up a cyclocross bike for commuting and for use during our usual British summer weather. I'm a huge fan of campagnolo and have a centaur on my road bike.

I would like to have campagnolo (veloce) on my cyclocross frame, however it has a 135mm rear hub spacing. The frame is an On-One Dirty Disco. The frame is disc brake only, so my plan is also to have Avid BB7s.

What options do I have for getting/building a set of wheels that will take a 10 speed cassette? Are there MTB wheels that are currently shimano/sram which can have the freehub easily/cheaply swapped - if that's possible?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Novatec 712 or Hope PRO 2 fitted with a Campag free hub... otherwise go 11 speed and fit a Shimano 11 speed cassette, it will work just as well, the spacings are the same.
    Not many 135 mm hubs with 11 speed freehub though... most notable is Shimano CX 75
    left the forum March 2023
  • dbrooksbank
    dbrooksbank Posts: 20
    Many thanks Ugo. I've had a quick browse on ebay and found some at The Cycle Clinic - who I just happen to have purchased stuff from before.

He has the novatec 712 that already comes with a campag freehub, which solves all my problems.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Well I could swap the necessary body onto a shimano version. Do not forget DT Swiss 350 or 240 hubs a campagnolo or 11 speed shimano body fits well. I have done it for my wife new bike the OLD goes up to 136mm hardly a problem. Also there are Royce and Chris king hubs. Miche 988 hubs (420g/pair) too and the heavier XM40's.

So that is a fair bit of choice.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.