Chris Froome tweet

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited May 2014 in Pro race
Chris Froome ‏@chrisfroome 24m
Three major TDF contenders staying on Mt Teide and no out of competition tests for the past 2 weeks. Very disappointing.

Anyone know who's staying there?

Comments

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    Nibali and Contador one assumes. Twitter has already gone into meltdown :roll:
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Froome, Wiggins & Porte.

I'll take a bit of convincing that this isn't a moronic statement, what with Bradley hard at work shoring up crediblity stateside and all.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Yep r0bh is right - reported by L'Equipe and mentioned by INRNG.

http://inrng.com/2014/05/training-time/
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    This has got good elements for a sit com

Get Graham Linehan on the phone

Ham the accents up in a post modern 'not Manuel of Farty Towels way'

Give Nibali sinister intent

Canned laughter

it's on
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    It is a really good point from him - just shows how lax drug testing remains within pro cycling. As he is one of the three riders, he isn't firing accusations at other riders but at the drug testers, who based on previous ineptitude deserve it.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Froome keeps mentioning stuff about Tiede...he is just jealous it is no longer Sky island. Sky performance drop coincides with other teams using Tiede maybe. Or maybe he is sad he has less GT wins than either of them.

I hope he is not slyly asserting he thinks Contador is dirty like his loud mouthed blonde did. Someone is zero to hero and it sure aint the people's and history book's champ.

How about a tweet about your teammates in the Giro or about Seb doing so well.

No Friends Froome. Going to get pumped big time at the Tour.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Think Froome might have hit a nerve.
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    He's saying nothing of the sort. My take is that you have 3 of the best guys in close proximity, if not the same place, it would build confidence for the testers to go there and test them in the lead up to their major objective.
  • Turfle
    Froome keeps mentioning stuff about Tiede...he is just jealous it is no longer Sky island. Sky performance drop coincides with other teams using Tiede maybe. Or maybe he is sad he has less GT wins than either of them.

I hope he is not slyly asserting he thinks Contador is dirty like his loud mouthed blonde did. Someone is zero to hero and it sure aint the people's and history book's champ.

Put your pants back on, Froome was including himself. It was about testers, not his rivals.
  • Anonymous

Chris Froome @chrisfroome · 18m
    To clarify I am one of those 3 and I think it's in all our best interests to be able to prove we are clean no matter where we train.

Frenchie here's one for you:

Chris Froome @chrisfroome · May 27
    I feel sorry for the guys racing the Giro today. Be safe out there, too many serious injuries already!
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    It's a counter measure to Bertie's fierce anti-doping stance in the media.

Except for his domination of both the climbs and the TTs, tactical astuteness and the most ridiculously strong team, poor Froomey hasn't got any strings to his bow other than flinging muck. He's clutching at straws...
  • Turfle
    Oh he's calling himself a contender now? How arrogant.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112

What an outrageous slur that would be, accusing a convicted doper of being a doper. Why the cheek of the man!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    Froome's trolling Nibali in Italian now.
  • Anonymous
    Nibali says 5 in last month, froome asks on tiede, nibs says no at home,
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I thought we'd stopped defining women by their hair colour in the 70s.
  • Macaloon
    edited May 2014
    He's saying nothing of the sort. My take is that you have 3 of the best guys in close proximity, if not the same place, it would build confidence for the testers to go there and test them in the lead up to their major objective.

The difficulty is that it's hard for a statement like this not to erode confidence in the current regime. Maybe that wasn't his intention, but I'm not sure it's wise for the defending champ to sound off like this.
    (Which is wierd cos I'm all for people speaking their minds.)

Yep. Scrub that crap. If this is the start of him telling it straight, bring it on.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Sky Island:

article-2153356-014D4A870000044D-706_964x528.jpg
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Anonymous
    Macaloon wrote:

The difficulty is that it's hard for a statement like this not to erode confidence in the current regime. Maybe that wasn't his intention, but I'm not sure it's wise for the defending champ to sound off like this.

Yeah, maybe they've been talking about it, I imagine the 3 of them get on quite well. At least Froome and Nib's

ATC frenchie is right if that is where they are training they will be getting worse, there doesn't seem to be roads.
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    I thought the absence of testing was why they train there... oops sorry thought this was the Clinic.
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Macaloon wrote:

Yep. Scrub that crap. If this is the start of him telling it straight, bring it on.

Agreed on the last part, loud voices and bright lights are needed to get where the programme needs to be and better it comes from the horses mouth.
  • frenchfighter
    Froome boy is lucky he didnt ride the Giro as the tifosi would have likely pushed him off his bike.

Definitely annoyed at others presence in Tiede - not his first reference. He has led a privileged lifestyle and it shows.

He should know that the doping doesn't occur during at this time of the season. Also detrimental to the sport.

He needs to work on his image.

The UCI do such good work in terms of testing that his comment is out of place and ignorant.

He thinks he is clean and vast majority of riders are clean...in which case tests are not necessary. It can only be because he thinks the other two are doping or wants to say later, 'look im clean, I got tested and result was negative'.

The only thing those Grand Champions take is passion.

Go and relax Froome while stroking your furry white cat and sipping your espresso laced with honey.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Froome boy is lucky he didnt ride the Giro as the tifosi would have likely pushed him off his bike.

Definitely annoyed at others presence in Tiede - not his first reference. He has led a privileged lifestyle and it shows.

He should know that the doping doesn't occur during at this time of the season. Also detrimental to the sport.

The UCI do such good work in terms of testing that his comment is out of place and ignorant.

He thinks he is clean and vast majority of riders are clean...in which case tests are not necessary. It can only be because he thinks the other two are doping or wants to say later, 'look im clean, I got tested and result was negative'.

Go and relax Froome while stroking your furry white cat and sipping your espresso laced with honey.
    Pace yourself Frenchie. You don't want to get July and find yourself short of fishing line.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574

its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg
  • Turfle
    article-1192916-00CB5DB100000190-868_468x575.jpg
  • Macaloon
    Nurse for Frenchie.

I like his touching faith in the deterrent effect of testing.
    (winks)
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406

Frenchie you are Dond Draper and I claim your American Spirit account.

Please tell me you actually wrote that knowing Froome has a furry white cat otherwise that is some scary a*sed accurate imagination you've got.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Anonymous

lol
  • frenchfighter

Frenchie you are Dond Draper and I claim your American Spirit account.

Please tell me you actually wrote that knowing Froome has a furry white cat otherwise that is some scary a*sed accurate imagination you've got.

He does have one yes. Check his and his blondes twitter photos.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065

Nice touch, I liked that. :D