Martin Freeman...

Akirasho
Akirasho Posts: 1,892
edited June 2014 in The cake stop
... is EXCELLENT in the new FX series, "FARGO"!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKs8DzjPDMU

dbbbdc30-baac-11e3-95aa-6bc18de662f4_MARTIN_FREEMAN_02_PARKING_LOT_067.jpg

Comments

• Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    yaaa & billy bob :o
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    I have still only seen the first episode, recoded the others and haven't watched them yet. Must do so soon.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    I'm quite enjoying it but it's not must-watch - a little too quirky for its own good maybe. I like Freeman but am finding it hard to shake the image of Tim and Bilbo if I'm honest.
  • Akirasho
    Paulie W wrote:
    I'm quite enjoying it but it's not must-watch - a little too quirky for its own good maybe. I like Freeman but am finding it hard to shake the image of Tim and Bilbo if I'm honest.

... have you ever seen the film "Fargo" and William H. Macey's performance of the original character (not the same, but very close)? Quirk, thy name is Coen!

Freeman's accent is incredibly good as well as his deliveries. In the scenes he's in... he's the scene!
  • Akirasho
    I have still only seen the first episode, recoded the others and haven't watched them yet. Must do so soon.

I watched the first 6 in a row. Course, it was an 'Merican holiday and I'd already paid my due respects.
  • arthur_scrimshaw
    arthur_scrimshaw Posts: 2,596
    Akirasho wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

... have you ever seen the film "Fargo" and William H. Macey's performance of the original character (not the same, but very close)? Quirk, thy name is Coen!

Freeman's accent is incredibly good as well as his deliveries. In the scenes he's in... he's the scene!

Yes it's a good film, only watched it on Netflix by mistake as I thought it was the series.
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    Top show.

Billy Bob steals it, though (and it's not based on a true story).
  • Akirasho
    Yes it's a good film, only watched it on Netflix by mistake as I thought it was the series.

I don't wanna spoil it, but there has been some "crossover" from the film which makes it chronologically difficult to follow (depending on which way they take certain characters), but still worth it.
  • Akirasho
    johnny25 wrote:
    Top show.

(and it's not based on a true story).

... buzzkill
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Akirasho wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:

Yes, I've seen the film. Not that the Coen Brothers have had much to do with this. I think my feeling is that the series some times takes quirky too far. Malvo's fringe, Hess's idiot sons, the sign language communication between Mr Numbers and Mr Wrench, to give a few examples.

There are parallels with Macey's version of the character but they are not to my mind 'very close'; not least because Macey obviously doesnt have the time to develop his character that Freeman does. Also Freeman's Lester is beginning to emerge as somewhat brighter than Macey's Jerry. My comment was less about Freeman's performance which is good (including his accent) than about the unfortunate reality that he is an actor that I (and no doubt others) associate with a couple of pretty iconic roles and who is familiar from some very different contexts.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    yeah he's not bad, but BBT is much, much better .....
  • Whenever I seen Martin Freeman written I think of this:
    feldman04.jpg
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,255
    Fargo is awesome... I just realised last night the suitcase with the money was left by Steve Bushemi in the 20 years old film... genius... !
    left the forum March 2023
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    Spoiler étiqueté has been breached.
    tick - tick - tick
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    fargo-logo-fargo-season-1-episode-1-the-crocodile-s-dilemma-review.jpeg?width=623&height=350

This bit of fanart pops up as a backdrop on my media centre when i view Fargo. Kind of captures the tone of the show (murder in a backwoods state....... love the way the red 'Fargo' is the blood from the guys head).
  • Akirasho
    Whenever I seen Martin Freeman written I think of this:
    feldman04.jpg

... I thought this was Marty??? or is that Martee? Martorr?
  • Akirasho
    metronome wrote:
    Spoiler étiqueté has been breached.

Yah, I never said anything about the youknowwhat being found by the youknowwhat with the youknowwhat sticking up in the air... but somebody just did... :roll: :mrgreen:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    Whenever I seen Martin Freeman written I think of this:
    feldman04.jpg

Isn't that a UKIP swivel eyed loon?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    Paulie W wrote:

He'll always be Tim from The Office to me.