Man down

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited June 2014 in Commuting chat
Or rather man laid low.....started with cold like symptoms on Friday, got progressively worse, now in hospital with pneumonia, burning up at 104 (40) and blood oxygen levels sub 90%, compared to this commuting is risk free, be careful out there guys!
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    yikes, heal quickly!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Can I catch it over the interwebs?

GWS.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • The Rookie
    Thanks guys...... And no, you can't watch my suffering for your gratuitous pleasure!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,368
    Watch your suffering? No thank you, headcam in hospital would be dull, but there could be some nurse related highlights.
    Hope you feel better soon.
  • The Rookie
    Haha, no, not many nurse related highlights......but right now I'll take efficiency over looks!
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Not one of those webcams, like an owl nesting box?
  • The Rookie
    Sheesh, one mention of anything to do with nurses sure gets the testosterone flowing!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    The Rookie wrote:
    Sheesh, one mention of anything to do with nurses sure gets the testosterone flowing!

Well? Where's the video then :roll:

Hope your feeling better BTW :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • The Rookie
    I knd of like the treatment I'm getting, the doctors and nurses have all been great, no way am I posting any video!

Feeling better thank you, at the expense of laying here near naked with a 12" fan blowing air over me, but chilly is infinitely better than burning up!
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    The Rookie wrote:
    Haha, no, not many nurse related highlights......but right now I'll take efficiency over looks!

I blame carry on films! I had a few blokes ask if the nurses giving me a Bed bath where hot or not, did point out if you need a Bed bath your not in any state to be Lear at nurses.

Hope your out of the hospital soon! Managing to sleep?
  • The Rookie
    Too right Roger, yes keep napping on and off, they now have me on Oxygen as the breathing was wearing me out as it was a struggle, we seem at least now to be managing the worst of the side effects, but the underlying infection isn't responding to the antibiotics yet which is a concern, another suite of tests planned for tomorrow, they are even testing to rule out legionnaires.
  • roger_merriman
    The Rookie wrote:
    Too right Roger, yes keep napping on and off, they now have me on Oxygen as the breathing was wearing me out as it was a struggle, we seem at least now to be managing the worst of the side effects, but the underlying infection isn't responding to the antibiotics yet which is a concern, another suite of tests planned for tomorrow, they are even testing to rule out legionnaires.

Sounds like they are on the ball, tests are good if boring.
  • The Rookie
    Yeah, I can't fault the treatment, good news is that my fever broke at about 3am so feeling much more human, still on Oxygen as even with it my blood Oxygen is only just over 90% when it should be over 95%.

Bloods and urine samples gone off for test this morning.....
  • mick_cornick
    mick_cornick Posts: 175
    Good luck, I just had 6 weeks in hospital which started with similar fever/man flu symptoms!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    WTAF!

will everyone stop getting shot!

GWS Matey, oh and pics or it didn't happen?!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • The Rookie
    Well I was hoping to get out today, but no, now my white blood cells have all gone walk about so I am considered at high risk of a tertiary infection, so back on IV antibiotics plus all sorts of extra blood tests to try and pin down the critters causing it.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,368
    White blood cell count is down so you're at risk of infection so they decide to keep you in a place that's full of sick people. Tell them the place is full of germs and you're off.
    Get well soon.
  • itboffin
    They told my son if he checked out of hospital before they said so he'd get a bill.

Spanish hospitals for ya
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • The Rookie
    Yeah, been put into a side room on my own away from all the other sick people!
  • itboffin
  • The Rookie
    Well hopefully man will be getting up and out of hospital today, it's been a long week and it hits you hard when you suddenly have to face the fact your body isn't as robust as it once was, however as long as my white blood cell count is back to normal I'll be home, just have to see how long the docs sign me off work for and bar me from flying for!
  • roger_merriman
    The Rookie wrote:
    Well hopefully man will be getting up and out of hospital today, it's been a long week and it hits you hard when you suddenly have to face the fact your body isn't as robust as it once was, however as long as my white blood cell count is back to normal I'll be home, just have to see how long the docs sign me off work for and bar me from flying for!

So are you out? in your own bed? at a guess may take time not to be tired.
  • The Rookie
    Yes I've escaped, I think when the doctors came in and found the rope of knotted bedsheets they decided it was easier to discharge me!
    At home, still need about 2 hours sleep a day and get knackered walking upstairs, but much better, signed off for tomorrow and then I only do a half day Friday anyway, so should be fighting fit for Monday, just a question of how long until I feel upto commuting by bike now!

Barred from flying for at least another week as well!