Can't log in

declan1
declan1 Posts: 2,470
Hi,

I'm writing this from my laptop as I can't login on my PC. Clicking the 'login' button in the forums simply takes me back to the homepage. Upon clicking the head/helmet on the homepage it informs me I am currently logged in however I can't access my control panel.

Declan

Road - Dolan Preffisio
MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.

Comments

• Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    That's a known bug that's still being worked on, but should be fixed quite soon.

When you're on the home page, click on the helmet icon, log out then log in again. You should then be able to access the forums and be logged in.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    That's fixed it for me, thanks.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Jeff Jones
    It should now be fixed more or less properly, ie clicking on login in the forum takes you to the homepage where a login box will pop up.

I just noticed another bug (logging out of the site from the home page doesn't log you out of the forum).
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    I just noticed another bug (logging out of the site from the home page doesn't log you out of the forum).
    Now fixed
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I cannot log in via smartphone or laptop now. When selecting 'Login' the directed page is just blank and hangs completely. This is not on the new beta version. I can get around the problem by using a linked account to get in, but cannot do this via smartphone.

Thanks
  • janp
    janp Posts: 15
    I have the same problem, login button takes me to a blank page. Using Firefox on a PC. Same thing happens when I try and PM somebody.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    I cannot log in via smartphone or laptop now. When selecting 'Login' the directed page is just blank and hangs completely. This is not on the new beta version. I can get around the problem by using a linked account to get in, but cannot do this via smartphone.

Thanks

me too! Started last night
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    matthew h wrote:
    Bobbinogs wrote:

Thanks

me too! Started last night

And me, happened suddenly on Saturday evening when using my iphone. The site just threw me out and now I too get the blank page when trying to log in.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042
    I think the login process is some pop-up/javascripty which is too clever by half. On some browsers the pop-up doesn't get shown (pop up blocker maybe?) and you just see the home page/blank page.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Jeff Jones
    davidof wrote:
    I think the login process is some pop-up/javascripty which is too clever by half. On some browsers the pop-up doesn't get shown (pop up blocker maybe?) and you just see the home page/blank page.
    Good point - we will first get it working so it stops falling over, then improve the way it's done.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    Good point - we will first get it working so it stops falling over, then improve the way it's done.

Hi Jeff,

I've looked at this a bit more and one of the things that will block the pop-up login window is the Ghostery plugin for firefox. Hope this helps.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    ^^ that's a good idea about popups but my smart phone (Samsung S2 running Android) has Allow Popups set (or rather, 'Block Popups' not set) and I still cannot login remotely (laptop sessions work ok though). I have tried the various fixes such as going to the Beta site but it all fails. The login button on the normal site still takes me to a blank page.