Assos bib shorts sizing advice?

Finlaz22
Finlaz22 Posts: 169
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Thinking of getting some Assos bib shorts, only problem I'm running in to is the sizing.

I'm 6'3" with a 32" waist - does anyone of a similar height and build have any experience?

Thanks!

For reference: http://www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/sizing/

Comments

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Stick to the size chart. Always correct with Assos, IME. I'd say XL.

The bibs may feel like they're pulling down on your shoulders when you're stood up but remember they are designed to be worn in a riding in position so they should be fine once you're on the bike.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    6'2 33' waist - XL
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Imo different assos shorts vary from model to model,i have 2 pairs and both are different in size large
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • Finlaz22
    Finlaz22 Posts: 169
    Cheers guys, XL fits perfect. Measured my waist again, turns out I'm actually a 30" - just so if people are looking to buy, don't worry if you feel too skinny to buy XL, worry about the height measurement :-)
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    As you say, with lycra, it's more about getting the leg length right than necessarily worrying too much about waist girth. XL would have been my call and fits me well - I'm just shy of 6'2".

Peter
  • furiousd
    furiousd Posts: 214
    Instead of starting a new thread i will ask on here. (have tried searching but get an error)

I am 5'9" about 15st in weight which is coming off.
    I have tried an XL and XXL, the XXL was to big XK was ok but was not able to try a Large. Anyone similar size or able to comment on if the Large would be suitable.
    (my current BIBS, Hincapie - Large, Louis Garneau - XXL

Also what is the difference on all the BIBS they do. Going to Google search later, i appreciate it will be the pads mainly but i don't know which is better for me.
    Most rides are 40-50 miles, any sportives i do will be 70+ and we have a few 100 miles + throughout the year too so they need to be super comfy. Recommendations?

Cheers
    D
  • furiousd
    furiousd Posts: 214
    Anyone?
  • Focus-rider
    Focus-rider Posts: 126
    I have the s7 equipe shorts in a large and if it helps in 6ft with a 32 waist and 12.5 stone. My suggestion is to buy from a shop that does free returns as I ordered both medium and large then sent the mediums back. Assos shorts are a different fit depending in model. Good shorts though