Front Mech Alignment Tools...

scatty76
scatty76 Posts: 23
edited May 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Has anyone heard of the existence of any tool/gizmo that will aid lining up front mechs?

It seems kind of odd that I can't find any such thing on the old inter-web, after all it's an important part of indexing especially with modern kit.

I know, they there not that hard to set up! I'm quite capable of doing so but they are fiddly little suckers!

It just seems kinda strange aligning them by eye ball in 2014!! :?

I have a few to fit this week, and thought it might make life that little bit easier! Or does anyone have any DIY gizmos or cleaver tips they have had success with?

Again, I know its hardly rocket science just a PITA, but it just seems a bit strange that no-one(park?) has thought up a tool to give us a 1-2mm gap clearance at the same time as keeping the cage parallel with the chainrings(or have they?).

Maybe not as much use to the pro/super experienced bike mechanics that shut there eyes and use the force, but kinda handy to the rest of us mere mortals!

There are precision gages/tools and the like when it comes to rear mechs?

Just a thought...

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Nope there is not one. It just is not needed.

Most come with the wedge to hold the cage out what else do you need?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown