Those who have upgraded to Garmin 1000....

davidb67
davidb67 Posts: 39
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
I have an Edge 810, toying with the idea of upgrading to the new 1000 unit and passing the 810 on to my son who has just taken up cycling.

Has anyone made the move and regretted-it? (I appreciate it's very early-days since the units haven't been available for long).

thanks

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Still more than happy with my 705 I've had for 6 yrs.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I have the 1000

I think it WILL be good - the big screen is great - especially if you do a lot of new routes. But there are still a lot of connectivity bugs - especially BT to iPhone so I'd wait a while if I were you. I bought mine because I have an event coming up for which I wanted the tracking (I like a lot of the other 1000 features but this was the feature I needed urgently) so I bit the bullet. I'm not convinced it's going to do the trick so I'll be taking my 800 as recording back-up.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pauly69
    pauly69 Posts: 101
    Re the tracking, someone posted on the Garmin forums about an app called 'Road ID' (for iOS) which performs a similar function. I haven't tried it but have downloaded and it looks a decent substitute (maybe better!) until Garmin sort out BT on the 1000.