Long life Helmet Cam

Baxtermt
Baxtermt Posts: 2
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
Hey all, I respect your opinions and you have the experience already, so.
A little background first.
Last year I did a charity ride from Scotland past some amazing scenery and I wanted to stop and get a few photos, but when riding on average 65 miles a day I didn't want to stop and get my camera out, take the pic and get going again.
Later this year I will be doing 500 miles from France and I am thinking of getting a helmet cam, I will be downloading it each night, so space wont be too bad, but I will need the battery to last the day.
Most of the cameras that I have seen last about 2 hours, some 3.5 hours

I could do with a camera that will last up to about 8 hours, of course I don't really want to spend thousands of pounds, on the smallest camera in the world that will last forever. Mostly because I don't have anywhere near that to spend, in fact, whatever I am going to spend needs to be cleared through the house boss and financing, meaning I have very little to spend. But we both need to be realistic.

So could someone recommend a camera with removable batteries, or external power supply or just an awesome internal battery.

Thanks in advance.
Matt

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Garmin Virb has a removable battery and replacement batteries are around £25, some of the Contour cameras have replacable batteries and use Nokia BL5C batteries so are cheap as chips as there are plenty of alternatives to the original batteries. I've not seen any pattern Virb batteries yet.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.