Where to buy DA Hubs and Archetype Rims for good price

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi I am hoping to order some DA9000 hubs and Archetype rims tomorrow. I think Sigma or Bricklane seem the best place to get the rims and I assume both shops are reliable. The hubs seem the same price at Evans and Wiggle but just wondered if anyone knew if anywhere is selling them cheaper than normal or are there any shops doing bank holiday discount codes? That said I would still consider the Hope Mono RS if I could get them cheaper than the DA (same price more or less with skewers) so any deals on these would also be of interest. BTW done the normal searches on google before you ask but drawn a blank so far :lol:

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Evans for DA and Westbrook cycles for Hope (183 pounds, so yes, cheaper). If you want to buy the rims online, I think the hubjub has the Archetype a tad cheaper than anyone else
    left the forum March 2023
  • bmxboy10
    Cheers Ugo. Just to check one last time at 15 stone a 24/32 set up is ok? You have advised this on a previous thread. No worries about going 28/32 or 32/32 if you think that will be better. Cheers again for the advise/input.
  • ugo.santalucia
    solboy10 wrote:
    Cheers Ugo. Just to check one last time at 15 stone a 24/32 set up is ok? You have advised this on a previous thread. No worries about going 28/32 or 32/32 if you think that will be better. Cheers again for the advise/input.

Yes, unless it is a touring bike
  • bmxboy10
    cheers will be in touch
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Hub jub will send them out by My Hermes and they will take 1 week to get to you not worth the small saving really.

There other dealers too who offer free shipping you know.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Wiggle just started doing the Archetypes and they seem about £5.50 cheaper than most other places.

Evans on the rear, but they don't seem to stock the 24 front (my friend had to get his elsewhere too)
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Have a look at the 'colors' available on the H Plus Son SL42 rim on the Wiggle website... bored employee? :lol:

14274723552_126e814f9c_b.jpgrim by ratsbeyfus, on Flickr

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • bmxboy10
    Cant get the 24h DA for love nor money so will need to go 28/32 which is not a problem however if that's the case should I just save a load of dosh and go Ultegra 32/32? FFS! Good heads up ref wiggle though cheers!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Hub jub will send them out by My Hermes and they will take 1 week to get to you not worth the small saving really.

they'll also leave them in bin, on the doorstep or throw them over the gate. Never order from a shop that uses my herpes.
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    solboy10 wrote:
    Cant get the 24h DA for love nor money so will need to go 28/32 which is not a problem however if that's the case should I just save a load of dosh and go Ultegra 32/32? FFS! Good heads up ref wiggle though cheers!
    I'll ask where my friend got his. Recently built these up for him, as I am just starting to learn how to build wheels. Similar to what you want but on CX-Rays. Sorry, can't seem to do the BB code off my tablet.... https://flic.kr/p/nBuXCS
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • chanjy
    chanjy Posts: 200
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Have a look at the 'colors' available on the H Plus Son SL42 rim on the Wiggle website... bored employee? :lol:

14274723552_126e814f9c_b.jpgrim by ratsbeyfus, on Flickr

haha brilliant :lol:
  • ugo.santalucia
    It's actually in the H plus Son catalogue, nothing to do with Wiggle bored staff... :wink:
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    In which case I like the brand even more! :lol:

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412

they'll also leave them in bin, on the doorstep or throw them over the gate. Never order from a shop that uses my herpes.

Amen.

Utter shambles of a company (my Hermes not hubjub)
  • gazl
    gazl Posts: 38
    ...and don't forget topcashback/quidco if using wiggle for an extra 3% £