Dura Ace 9000 hub service (and note to cycleclinic)

russello
russello Posts: 102
edited May 2014 in Workshop
A quick request to ask for advice on how to service a rear dura ace 9000 hub. Hubs were supplied by me to Derek and wheelsmith, and are built onto his race 23 rim

I've done this before with a pair on zondas, and appreciate the shimanos will be cup and cone.

I've found one or two good videos on youtube for previous models, but nothing for the newer DA hubs.

just need to know if there are any subtle differences for the service.

BTW - Malcom at cycleclinic, if you are reading this, please send me your email address, as i've lost your business card, and i have some pics from Flanders, from where i met you in the motel (some pics of the Europcar team bikes..still cant believe they stayed in our 2 star luxury!), and also a couple of videos from the top of the Kwaremont....one of them with one of the Europcar Citroens with a battered exhaust, which sound of rounded off the trip nicely. its how i felt...

thanks if you can help.

russ

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,248
    SImilar to a 7900, but different from the 7800. 2 x 5 mm Allen keys will open the cap... then remove the NDS black cap and you will find a ratchet behind... that operates the cone, allowing you to add grease if needed (on both sides) reassemble and lock. The freehub is enclosed and you just leave it alone
    left the forum March 2023
  • russello
    russello Posts: 102
    Thanks Ugo. The simplicity and satisfaction of handbuilts....

Like this, then, but without the freehub bit at the end?

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/Hub_How- ... _3601.html
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,248
    Yes, it is pretty much the same thing
    left the forum March 2023