Some changes to my Trek

cycleclinic
cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
edited May 2014 in Your road bikes
I like my Trek given it used to have D/T shifters on a 10 speed ultegra DA set up you could have argued all I should do is fit ultegra STI's and be doen with it but there is something about ultgra fishing gear I just don't quite like (look wise that is) so I have bought Campagnolo Athena Ergo's, Athena rear mech and rest came from my part stash a Record square taper 10 speed chainset (new too!) chorus BB, Record pedals (because they are silver of course) and a 2003 chorus 10 speed front mech. The wheels are H plus son archetype on 2006 chorus hubs shod with 27mm Open Pave tyres. I like wide tyres.

I think there is not enough silver in the world of bikes and this bike needed silver bits so badly. That is what is wrong with ultegra it is not silver enough and I don't like the hood shape of the 6600 STI's. So now all I need to do is sell the bits that came of the bike.
P1010039_zpsb634d7e5.jpg
P1010040_zps2f22d5e1.jpg

This is my traingin bike now and after todays race I need to do some proper training.
http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,178
    Look at you with a Cinelli Grammo stem... it is a nice bike built on a nice frame, of the era when frames were made for people who could lift a leg above a top tube and didn't need it to be reclined.
    The bottle cages are a real disappointment though... :roll:
    left the forum March 2023
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    I was thinking that too when I was posting - I forgot to swap them for some King stainless cages must do that. Need to sell some spare parts I will never use again though so justify it to myself. Horizontal top tubes should be the law unless you need a step through frame.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,178
    Horizontal top tubes should be the law unless you need a step through frame.

Now you're talking... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • n3crophile
    n3crophile Posts: 52
    very nice classic steed with a little modern spark! :)